"So, start from the begin." My mom tells me. And I do. I tell them everything. Not just why I was fighting Ben, but everything. About me and Axel, my brother and I, my parents -or fake parents. It was all kind of liberating. 

"Carter, it means a lot that you would tell us this." My mom begins.

"And we are glad that you accept us as your parents." My dad says.

My mom smiles softly at me but I'm quick to turn away.

"We would love nothing more than to have you back into our lives." My mom explains.

"As much as I would like to have that now, I still have some hatred towards you guys. I know that it is a strong word but can I ever forgive you guys for kidnapping me and taking me away from my mate? I mean he doesn't even know where I am. He doesn't know that I am safe!" 

Kate's eyebrows furrow in distress. "Carter, you've got to understanding the predicament that we were faced with." She looks at Tim for help. He nods and continues for her. 

"Yes, your mom is right. You have just become the royal Princess, of course everyone that you've ever met is going to claim that they know you and/or are related to you. Do you really think that we could get through to you when you have all those dishonest people?" Tim questions and I have to admit that he has a valid point. Though, we haven't officially announced that we were mated, the rumors started to spread. Some of my pack members go to visit family or friends and other packs and they talk. 

"Yeah. I guess you have a valid point." I reason with him. "I just wish that there was a better way to go about it all. I don't like the distress this is causing my mate."

Later that night, there is a knock on my door, and a women comes in with a tray of food.

"Thank you," I say, eyeing up the food. I didn't realize how hungry I was until now. I walk over to here the tray is on the coffee table, and sit down.

There is Mac & Cheese, with a chunk of bread, some water, and a brownie. Which is basically my favorite meal.

I dig in and scarf down all of the food at once. 

My wolf: Slow down, don't give us a stomach ache. 

I can't help but agree with her. I don't quite finish my food but my stomach is full nonetheless. 

When I am done, I decide to watch some TV, which turn out harder than I thought, because everything is about me. I just shut it off. An hour later the lady comes back and gets my tray.

"Is there anything else I can get you?"

"My mate," My wolf fronts before I could control her. 

"I wish I could. I've been here for years and you'd think I'd meet my mate by now but nope."

"Are you being held here?" I question because it is very common for wolves to leave their pack in search of their mate, much like Axel did to find me. 

"No, nothing like that but it feels like it sometimes." she says. "Well, I hope you rest well." She says and leaves the room. I get up and walk into the closet. I find a shirt and put it on. I brush my teeth, and then head to bed.

I lay there tossing and turn, not able to sleep. I roll over and turn on the lamp. I look inside the night stand. I find a book there.

I pick it up. I read the tittle, Fire, Smoke, Ashes. Which almost perfectly describes my life at the current moment. I run my fingers over top the pages. It's worn, looks as if someone has read it many times.I flip to the first page and start reading...

By the next morning, I am over half way through the book. I didn't sleep at all last night, I stayed up and read the amazing book.

The sun peaked through the curtains about an hour or two ago but I can tell that it is still early. There's a thumble coming from outside. I look out the window and see a bunch of wolves coming. Is it Axel? Did he come to save me?

I get up and rush to the window.

I don't see Axel, and I don't recognize any of the wolves. My door opens and I whip my head around.

My dad stands there. "What's going on?"

"They heard that my long lose daughter has returned." he says with a smile. I look back at the window, then at him.

"Well, I don't know if I'm ready for all of that."

"I'm not forcing you to do anything." he says. "But they will be out there for a while. Breakfast is ready." he says and leaves, closing the door behind him. I watch the wolves out the window again.