Chapter 20: The Tears That Rolled Down His Cheeks

(A/N): Hey everyone! :D Just as I promised, I have another chapter for you! I REALLY had a lot of homework. No joke. Also, I think I might make about five more chapters left until the end. There's a possibility that I could make more but only if I get really inspired ^_^ The Yorknew arc is coming close to an end so I'm starting to run out of ideas. Enjoy!

Oh, and the song, it may sound familiar. Listen to it while you read! ^^

Previously: Tears were streaming down his face and dripping on the ground. You grabbed the eyes and set them on the ground while hugging him tightly. Kurapika's scarlet eyes started to fade away and his tears stained your (color) shirt. He's never cried this much before.

You both stood there in that one spot for what seemed like hours. Kurapika's arms hung limply against the sides of your waist, his entire body was leaning against yours in distress and grief. His sobs were silent yet he shed many tears. It made you very sad to think that this was the first time he seriously cried. For as long as you could remember, and what you could remember, even as a small child, Kurapika never was one to cry. When you opened your eyes, his face was in front of yours. He seemed to calm down. You were relieved and you smiled brightly. Kurapika mirrored your gesture but still seemed hurt inside. He was like a child; a very miserable child.  

"(Y/n), I'm... such a fool. To think that I would cry over something like that," he looked at your now tear soaked (favorite color) t-shirt, "I'm sorry, it looked like I ruined your shirt too."

You chuckled playfully at his apology, "Oh this? Nah it's okay. I wore a tank-top underneath," you said as you removed your shirt exposing your black tank-top.

Kurapika's breath hitched when so much skin was exposed and his eyes widened in awe. He did want to say anything to make the situation awkward, but this was just too much for the golden haired teen. All he could manage to say was, "Oh..." while his face flushed red. 

"Hmm?" you asked. You didn't seem to have a problem showing some of your cleavage... and it's not like you were a slut either. It wasn't as bad as this morning... Any how, it seemed like Kurapika was more bothered by this than you. "Kurapika, you look so flustered," you chuckled, "It's kind of-- cute," you mumbled not realizing that you've never used that word in front of him. Kurapika looked at you quizzically and laughed it off as well. It all died down when you brought up a touchy subject.

"I hate ruining the mood, but are you sure you're okay? I've never..." you couldn't bring yourself to finish the sentence. 

"Oh, that," He said as if it was a horrible insult, "I just felt very... emotional," He finished lamely. You obviously didn't believe him and knew that it was more than that. It was just part of his personality that you knew way too much about. 

"Kurapika, you can tell me anything," you said sympathetically with one of your warmest smiles. Your smile would make any guy's heart melt. This struck a chord within him; she knew that this was his ultimate weakness.

"I just never thought that I would see the scarlet eyes ever again. It was like a dream come true, but it all came rushing back to me in an overwhelming instant," He replied. You grinned once again in empathy. You loved that every word he spoke held great wisdom and knowledge. You definitely looked for attractiveness in a guy, but they had to be intelligent too. Your stare made Kurapika feel a bit self conscious. 

"W-what is it?"

"Nothing."

You felt surprised by the fact that during your special date that you too shared, he was more confident than he was now. However, you never said that you didn't like this side of him either. His personality was  like a bomb that could explode with a different emotion each time. But dating him for almost a year brought you to realize that it was one of his adoring charms. You tucked back a strand of (h/c) hair behind your ear. You also slipped you slender fingers in between your long bangs smoothing them out. This was a habit you did when things got awkward. 

Kurapika cleared his throat.

Had things got more awkward than usual?

"Why don't we meet up with Gon and the others?" you suggested. Kurapika nodded.

~~~~

You two arrived to the apartment they stayed at and everyone seemed happy that you arrived. Gon especially, "Kurapika! (Y/n)!" he cheered, "It's been a while." Killua smiled as well, but smirked right away, "So uh... how was your date," He emphasized the last part and grew cat ears. Leorio popped up from behind a couch to listen in on the conversation. Gon was curious as well. And the worst part was that everyone was looking at you and expecting you to tell the whole story. Your cheeks went red and stuttered every word.

"W-we u-uh... did stuff," you plainly replied. 

"Stuff?" Killua asked.

"....."

Killua yawned and walked away obviously not getting the answer he wanted. "Gon! I'm bored let's do something!"

You rolled your eyes but you were thankful that he dropped the subject. However, Leorio was still interested. Kurapika scowled when Leorio walked over here. He sighed heavily and said, "What do you want Leorio." He shrugged.

"I don't know I just want to talk to more adult like people. I can't stand hearing Gon and Killua making so much noise." You looked ahead of him and saw Killua and Gon play rock paper scissors. Gon kept losing and Killua snickered while flicking him on the forehead. 

"I see what you mean," but secretly you missed your childhood days. 

"Hey, you guys should stay here for the night so you don't have to walk all the way back to head quarters this late."

You both agreed happily.

~~~~ 

That night you two shared a small twin bed and it made your cheeks heat up because it was so small for the both of you. Well you did sleep with him the other night, but that was way different. Before you went in bed you went to the bathroom brushing your very tangled (h/c) hair. I still need to get this cut,  you thought. You wanted it cut... really badly. And you didn't have time to go to a hair salon. You decided to cut it yourself. You breathed in and cut off half the original length but you left the bangs the same size. (See pic above for how long it is now) You smiled to yourself. It was a good length for now. However, you were a bit nervous when you walked out of the bathroom seeing Kurapika reading a book in bed. It looked exactly like the time in the Hunter Exam only he was laying down almost completely with the book above his head. You were wearing black pajama shorts (but not too short) and a (favorite color) nekomimi t-shirt. Kurapika took a small glance toward you and dropped the book on his face. He got up slowly and said, "Y-you cut it?" At first you frowned and thought that he didn't like it but a small genuine smile curved from his lips. "(Y/n), you look beautiful as ever~"

Your hear skipped a beat and your face flushed. You tried to cover your face with your bangs, but they weren't long enough. Even you're pajamas made you look irresistible. You slowly walked toward him and lay on the small bed. It barely held the two of you. Kurapika whispered 'goodnight' and fell asleep almost instantly. You still lay wide awake in bed. Out of curiosity, you reached over him to see what he was reading. You blinked twice and turned red for third time to see that it was a romance manga. But you didn't want to know what else was in it. You were puzzled because he normally didn't read manga. Many thoughts ran through your mind, but you realized that you were feeling drowsy. The warm breath of Kurapika and his silent heart beat made you fall asleep right away...

~to be continued~