Chapter 17: What Happened?

(A/N): I'm bacck!!! I was on vacation for like a week!! I hope you missed me because I have another chapter for you~ I don't even know exactly when the story will finish... so there is room for plenty more chapters! 

                                                                                    ~~~~~~

You woke up with a fuzzy feeling inside your head; something didn't really feel right when you sat up in the fragile hospital bed. You looked over your shoulder to see that Kurapika wasn't sleeping peacefully next to you. Shouldn't he be in the hospital?  You thought, but then again, the hospital you were in looked different than before. It was dark and dusty inside and there were drapes over the windows. When you tried to get up off the hospital bed, some strange force kept you strapped up not allowing you to leave. You removed the small sheet off your body to see your legs and waste encircled in thick rope. The only way to escape was to use your Nen swords and cut off the rope. Unfortunately, nothing happened... you couldn't use Nen. How can this be possible?!  Where is everyone?!  You panicked and your breathing became heavier every second. Am I going to die here? Just when you thought the world was going to end, there was a small glare of something shiny about a meter ahead of you. It seemed to be an old bloody knife, it was a perfect escape tool. Thankfully your arms didn't seem to be tied up. You used all your arm strength to reach the discarded knife and eventually retrieve it. You sighed when you saw how thick the ropes were... they were an inch thick! The blade of the knife was pretty dull and you only managed to cut away half off the rope, but the rope was somehow thin enough to break. You hid the discarded rope under the bed to hide evidence. Just to your luck, you heard footsteps approaching your room. You quickly threw the bed sheet over your body to hide the fact that you cut off the ropes. You couldn't believe your eyes when you saw who was carrying sharp scissors. 

"What?! Uvogin! You're supposed to be dead!" you shouted. 

 "I can't die that easily to someone like you," He gave his usual smirk, "Right now, I'm going to cut out your precious scarlet eyes and no one is here to stop me!"

"NO!" You yelled and grabbed the rusty knife underneath the sheet. You sprang out of the bed and pinned him down holding the knife above his neck. Your eyes were now burning mad scarlet, "I'm going to kill you twice!" 

"Wait! (Y/N)!! STOP!!" he pleaded.

"Huh?" 

It sounded just like Kurapika. You suddenly regained your composure and realized that you weren't in a dark dusty hospital anymore. The room was bright with sunlight streaming through the windows; it was just like the old room you were in. You looked underneath you and noticed that you were sitting on Kurapika's waist holding one of your Nen swords below his chin. Kurapika's eyes showed hints of fear. In a split second, your Nen sword disapeared and you fell on top of Kurapika's chest exhausted. 

"I don't know what happened I thought you were Uvogin," you said sheepishly, "and I was in some other room tied up... I'm so sorry." There was now a tear running down your cheek. 

"(Y/n)...everything is okay.. please don't cry," he said rubbing your back gently.

You sniffed and wiped away your tears, "Okay, I'm fine now," you gave him a reassuring face, "What happened anyways?"

"You were tossing and turning in the bed and suddenly created one of your Nen swords. After that, you jumped on top of me and shouted that you were going to kill me," he said. 

"Oh..good thing you said something, or else I would of seriously injured you," you frowned but then realized something, "Where are the others?"

"I don't really know where Rin went, but Gon, Killua, and Leorio were on their way to the auction," Kurapika responded. 

"Rin....I hope she's okay.." you sighed, "Wait, if Gon, Killua, and Leorio are at the auction, how long was I asleep....?" 

Kurapika's eyes widened a bit in shock, "Umm..I'm not sure exactly, I was thinking about a few days. I was asleep until you woke up."

You smiled, "I guess I was pretty tired. I don't even know the last time I got sleep." 

You looked down at Kurapika and noticed that he wasn't wearing his usual tabard, but just a plain hospital robe. 

"Hey, where is your tabard by the way?" 

Kurapika looked down at himself and sheepishly replied, "I have no idea, I thought I had it on the whole time..I guess they took it off after I arrived to this hospital." Kurapika then smirked a bit in your direction. "I know this is a weird question to ask, but do you mind trying it on~?"

You looked the other way in embarrassment, 'I could never ever  put that on! How does one even wear it?' You thought nervously. "I don't know..." You said. You suddenly saw Kurapika having a coughing fit and realized that he was using all his willpower to manage talking to you. You didn't know what the consequences were with his illness, so you might as well spare these last moments with him. "Okay...fine I'll wear it..." you mumbled even though you were strongly against it. 

You rummaged around a few areas of the room to finally find his blue and yellow tabard. You breathed in and out deeply before going to the bathroom to change. After moments of struggling, you arrived back to Kurapika's room now wearing his outfit. Kurapika took a quick glance to notice that your (h/c) hair was a bit frizzy from the friction, sticking out in odd angles, and you held a pretty irritated face.*

"Well?" you asked impatiently. 

"Umm..it doesn't look too bad..." he said ignoring the fact that your hair was a mess. And he wasn't lying about what he said either. Yes, it was a bit big due to how much taller he was than you, but it seemed to fit you suitably. The white clothing underneath that Kurapika usually wore hugged your curves gently, since it was a bit tight on him. The tabard rested just bellow your knees looking like some type of dress, and his pants covered your feet. 

"I look ridiculous.." you pouted. 

"Forget what I said, I think this suits you well... you should wear my clothes more often~" Kurapika grinned. 

You felt your face warm up just by those few words, "Y-you really think so?"

Kurapika was about to respond until you two heard someone come in the room. 

"Ugh! How are we ever going to--" You heard Killua say as Gon followed.

"Um, what are you two doing?" Gon asked. 

"Yeah, and why is (Y/n) wearing Kurapika's clothes?" Killua added.

"Well uh--"

Suddenly, you and Kurapika heard Gon and Killua burst out laughing. Killua was even rolling on the floor!

"AGH!!" you exclaimed and stormed out of the room. 

Kurpika glared at Gon and Killua and sighed, "It was my idea okay!" 

"You two should get a room then, we always walk in on weird situations," Killua replied irritated with a popped blood vessel. (I don't know how else to say it XD) 

"We were alone in a room until you guys showed up," Kurapika sighed once again, "Fine, I guess you do have a point, (Y/n) and I haven't really spent enough time alone. We've always been so busy..." 

"Then it's a date!" Gon exclaimed excitedly. 

After everything was 'planned,' you walked into the room moments after. "Hey.. What's going on?" you asked suspiciously. You were now in your normal clothes clutching Kurapika's tabard in your other hand. 

"(Y/n)? Will you go on a date with me?"

~To be continued~ 

*The pic above was Kurapika's face when he saw you in his tabard