Chapter 19: Kurapika's Rage

(A/N): Hello everyone! :3 **IMPORTANT: In case you didn't know, I'm updating my stories on weekends starting now. Sometimes it will be Saturday or Sunday but it's just a heads up :P Also, I'll make this chapter a bit more from Kurapika's mind set just so you know what's on his mind when stuff goes on ^^. Ok, I'll shut up now XD Enjoy! <3

~*~*~*~*~*~

"Goodnight Kurapika."

Kurapika awoke abruptly and sat straight up in bed. It was early in the morning; in other words it was still dark out. He looked at the digital clock sitting on top of the bedside table that read '4:38 am.' He shifted a bit uncomfortably and heard slight grunts beside him. He looked to his right and saw (Y/n) sleeping soundly. He mentally slapped himself for forgetting that she was sleeping next to him. Kurapika thought back to his dream he had and recalled that (Y/n) whispered "goodnight" to him... at least he thought it was a figment of his imagination. He hoped that it was real. When Kurapika glanced back at (Y/n), he noticed that she was still wearing the outfit she wore from last night. Her ponytail was falling out making her long (h/c) hair look a bit messy. His lips curled to a smile while he took out her ponytail letting her hair fall down to her sides. He moved the stray hairs that were covering her face. His finger tips brushed against her cheek slightly. He was about to turn his head when he saw that (Y/n)'s (favorite color) plaid shirt was shifted up a bit exposing part of her stomach, just above her belly button. Kurapika's eyes widened slightly and his cheeks were hot to the touch. He tried to look away to not let any of his self control slip out of him. He sighed quietly and lay back down onto the bed. He shifted his position and faced the opposite side of (Y/n). This was the location of the rose. He smiled contently while staring at it's beauty; this also reminded him of last night.... While his head was clouded with that thought, he realized that he couldn't fall asleep. In fact, he didn't understand what woke him up. Kurapika was slowly closing his eyes when he felt two warm arms encircle around his torso. He tensed up a bit not expecting that (Y/n) would be awake. "Kurapika..." he heard you mumble in his ear. This gave him a small shiver run down his neck and back. Kurapika turned to face you.

"(Y/n).. what are you--" He cut himself off when he saw that you weren't actually awake. You were still sleeping peacefully with your chest rising and falling. Was she talking in her sleep? He shrugged it off and attempted to fall back asleep. But as usual, something else disturbed him from sleeping. He heard clattering coming from where the window was. Kurapika bolted up from the position he was in and approached the intruder. He got his chains ready to fight whoever it was. From what Kurapika saw, it seemed to be a person in a hood clutching the scarlet red rose that he found and the vase. Kurapika was a bit puzzled and said, "Who are you?" The mysterious person looked up at Kurapika and smiled a bit. "Huh? Rin?!" Kurapika asked, "What are you doing here!" He was a bit annoyed since he didn't really know her very well.

"Sorry, I came to see (Y/n)... and um your vase was about to fall when I came through the window. So I caught it for you," she replied sheepishly, "By the way, you two are a really cute couple~"

Kurapika's cheeks burned red, "T-that does't m-matter right now! I could have killed you! Plus, why are you here at 5:00 in the morning!"

Rin jumped down from the window seal, "Yeah, well you didn't kill me and I'm here because I'm trying to hide okay?"

"Nani?" Kurapika asked.

"The Phantom Troupe figured out that you and I killed Uvogin and now they're after me. I can't believe I saved you and got caught in this mess! I only came back because of (Y/n)!" Her ocean blue eyes were glowing in the moonlight.