Chapter 14: The Battle of Dignity ~part two~

(A/N): Hello fellow readers! I didn't realize that it's been more than a week already. Me and my laziness..Okay! Back to the story! By the way, (s/c) is shirt color, just to point that out! I just made that up..unless it already exists. Enjoy!

 Previously: Kurapika finally arrived noticing that (Y/n) was sitting on a bench resting her head between her knees and her arms wrapped around them.

"(Y/n)..what happened?" Kurapika asked concerned.

"Dalzollene is dead...the Phantom Troupe k-killed him," you mumbled.

******

A shadow cast on Kurapika's face letting his golden blonde bangs cover his eyes.

"How...could...they?" he murmured.

You looked up from the position you were in with small tears in the corners of your eyes, but quickly wiped them off. Kurapika sat down next to you and rested his head against your shoulder and closed his eyes panting heavily.

"Kurapika, are you okay? It looks like you just ran a marathon to get here," you chuckled to lighten the mood.

"That's what it felt like...I can ask you the same question..didn't you have a fever?" he answered back with a playful smirk. 

"Yeah, but I feel much better now.."

He quirked an eyebrow, "Let's see if it's gone away."

Kurapika raised his warm hand to feel your forehead and move some of your loose hair out of the way gently. You could feel the heat of his breath send a shiver down your spine; his breathing was a bit staggered. You immediately blushed a few shades of red.

"You feel a bit warm (y/n), maybe you should go rest again."

You blushed once again and pushed him away softly. Even thought you two were very close now, you still had the tendency to blush and act a bit shy. Your cuteness was one of the reasons why Kurapika admired you so much, he gave a cheeky grin towards you.  

"N-no I'm not warm, I'm f-fine," you stuttered, "Anyways..." you said to change the subject, "Where were you all this time?"

Kurapika's grin faded and avoided your gaze, he started to look down at the sheer metallic ground.

"I decided to meet with Hisoka, gomen, I knew you didn't want to meet him. He didn't seem to have anything interesting to say," Kurapika said.

"Oh.." you responded awkwardly.

There was silence except for the sound of you and Kurapika's heavy breathing; it echoed through the hallways. The atmosphere for you two was becoming very tense. You opened your mouth to say something, but nothing came out. Just as things became more awkward, there was a light sound of foot steps coming towards your way. You looked up to see Melody eyeing you and Kurapika in an odd manner. Melody could sense that something happened, and cleared her throat.

"Kurapika, (Y/n), you are requested for a meeting in the boss's room," she said with a squeak.

You gave a weak smile towards Melody, and got up with a sigh, along with Kurapika following. The three of you were walking along the empty hallways of the Nostrade Bodyguard headquarters with silence once again. Since Kurapika was walking behind you, he took the time to examine you a bit. (Y/n) has changed since they were kids, and even the Hunter Exam days. She has become much stronger and even more beautiful(even though she was already). Her (h/c) hair has grown much longer, and she has grown taller, but only up to his chin. (Y/n)'s (s/c) shirt fits her perfectly, along with her jeans. (Y/n) was the only one that kept him going, even under hardships during the Kurta massacre. 

Once you arrived to your destination, you noticed Kurapika staring intensely at you, as if he was concentrated on something. 

"Kurapika, what's the matter?" you asked tilting your head to the side slightly.

"It's nothing," he responded plainly, but smiled a bit to himself when you turned around. 

Inside, Neon, the 'boss' was sitting in an upright position in a bed, with the rest of the Nostrade bodyguards gathered around. 

"So, what should we do?" someone asked as soon as you and Kurapika entered the room. 

"What happened to Dalzollene?"

You looked down at the ground in a bit of shame.

"He's...dead."

Everyone was in a bit of a shock, until Kurapika walked over to Neon.

"Can we speak to your father for further instructions?" he asked.

"Sure, you can barrow my phone," she responded.

Everyone looked at each other and decided that Kurapika should speak to him. When Kurapika looked at you, your head nodded slightly. While he was talking on the phone, you decided to space out and heard something about Dalzollene's death and such. After the discussion, Kurapika immediately left the room. You caught up to him. 

"I've decided to go and face Uvogin!" Kurapika said with scarlet eyes. 

You looked at him with hesitance in your eyes, but made up your mind:

"Kurapika, I will fight him too." 

*****

~To be Continued~ O_o