Chapter 4

Jarrod

I never had intentions of being a drug dealer. I planned to go to a university in Georgia and play basketball on a scholarship. Shit happens and things change. Here I am, the most well known and respected dealers down south. I loved my life, my wife, my kids, my family in general. I knew I had their lives in danger, but I would never tell them that.

My and my homeboy Keith drove to Louisiana for the weekend. We needed to handle some business. Some young bloods caught themselves talkin slick at the mouth and I needed the straighten things out. They we're also working under a nigga named King. King thought he was in competition with me, but there was no competition. I AM the king of this game. 

King and I used to be cool back in the day. High school homies. We got put on to this game together. Some shit went wrong and we fell apart. No sleep has been lost. That's old news. I'm just here tryna straighten him out. Disrespecting me and my turf. This means war.

We pulled up to an abandoned house, not too far from Burbon street. 

"Jay, is that them young niggas right there?" Keith asked me.

"I think it is." I made a quick sharp turn and pulled up in front of them. I rolled down the window on Keith's side. Smoke poured out of the windows. They watched in silence.

These kids couldn't have been a day over 18. I parked the car, stepped out and approached the one who was sitting on the porch rollin up.

"Your name Keion?" I asked him.

"Who wants to know?" He asked me.

"Boy, don't act smart!" I said, snatching the blunt out of his hand.

He stood up. "You know who the fuck I am, boy! You knew who the fuck I was when you was runnin yo mouth like a lil bitch." I slapped him upside his head. He held his head in pain. 

"Man what the fu-" He started to say.

"Imma warn you boy, but don't expect another. Next time I hear you out here disrespecting my turf, Ima make sure I put an end to it. I'm sure nobody would miss yo ass either. Ol' bum ass." 

As I turned to walk away I saw a black on black Escalde pull up. 

POW..POW..POW!!

I dropped to the ground. "JARROD!!" I heard Keith yell! "Get in!!!"

The car sped off and I hopped in the car. I was hit. Blood was everywhere. I looked in my rear videmirror and saw the two young bloods sitting on the porch slapping each other 5. It was that bastard King. He did this to me. 

Keith and I pulled up to our hotel and went our seperate ways into our hotel rooms. I stripped off my bloody clothes, and looked at myself in the mirror. Splashed water on my face and tended to my bullet wound. It passed straight through. I made the sign of the cross and got into the shower. 

"Hey babe. I miss you."

China said on the other line.

"I miss you too. How's the kids?" I asked her.

"They wanna know where daddy is." She replied. I stayed quiet. Leaving my family was the hardest thing for me to do, but I had to handle my business right? 

"I'll be home soon baby. Don't even worry about it. I'll be back."

I hung up the phone and the first thing I saw was a text message from a foreign number.

Yeah mutha fcka, it was me. I shot at yo ass. I don't even know why you bother comin in my territory young blood. It's time for you to leave, or I'll take you out by force.

I knew it was King. He had another thing coming.

The next morning I woke up, took a shower, and changed into some fresh clothes. I put my glock in my left pocket. Today would be the day. The last day someone disrespected me and my turf. 

"Pull up to this shack right here, Keith." Keith and I had made our way to Kings 'secret' hide out in an abandoned Louisinna shack. Somewhere in North Louisianna. There were two women sitting on the porch sniffing a substance. They had on tight shorts, tank tops and flip flops. One was light skin with big curly hair and the other one was caramel complection with a short hair cut.  I approached them. 

"Which one of yall is Shante?" I asked. "Who wanna know?" The one with the short hair cut asked. "I assume thats you." I replied rudely. She rolled her eyes. "The fuck you want?" She asked me. "You know where King is?" I asked. She looked at the other girl, wiped her nose, and looked back at me. "She pointed to the house."

I walked inside. Keith walked a few feet behind me. Both of us strapped and ready for anything that popped off.

I walked inside the drug infested house. People were getting high everywhere I looked. Shooting up, smoking,  sniffing substance and to my surprise two people were having sex in a corner. There was a big armored door that said "KEEP OUT." I knew this was Kings Office. There were two wanna be guards standing outside the door. Even the guards respected me and let me in. Step one, betrayal. If your own workers have respect for me, you know you're doing something wrong...King.

I walked in to find King having sex with some woman. When we walked in she looked up grabbed her clothes and ran out.  As King slowly turned around...

POP...POP...POP!!! 

Keith fired. I pulled out my '9 and I pointed it to him. He held hands up. His guards were banging on the door. Keith handled them...POW. 

I could hear screaming, running and yelling.

"Man what the fuck!" King said holding his shoulder.

"Yeah mutha fcka, you thought you were all big and bad. You knew you had anotha thing comin!!!" I said to him.

King reached under his desk to grab what I knew was a gun...POP..POP...POP!!!

King fell back in his chair. The dispute was finally over. The disrespect..OVER. I spit on him and kept moving. Keith and I hopped in the car and headed back to Miami. No turning back. 

King had been disrespecing my turf for years. That was now over...