Never Let You Go

Niall's POV

"What?" Sam and I both stop. The baby screams and Rachel hold's it up in the air. "That's a girl...." I mutter and look at Sam.

"It's a girl?!" Sam says as Rachel places the baby on her chest.

"Do you wanna cut the umbilical cord Niall..." I stop. Everything stops. I have a daughter. "Niall?" She says and taps my shoulder.

"Yeah..." I slowly walk over and grab her clamp. I clip it quickly and walk over to Sam's side. "Samantha..." I lay next to her and place a kiss on her forehead. "We have a daughter..." I next to her, resting my head on my hand and watch the baby breathe against her mother. She opens her eyes and I'm met with her blue eyes. Sam shivers and shakes as she lays there and I take the little girl off her chest. "Let's get mum a blanket."

"Can I see the baby?" Rachel asks and I reluctantly hand her off. I grab the blanket that lays over the back of
the rocking chair and tuck it around Sam. Five minutes later, Rachel comes back with a clean baby, all wrapped in pink. "Niall, I have to deliver the placenta now. Would you like to hold your daughter?" She asks and I nod, sitting down in the rocking chair.

"You're so precious." I whisper and rock the chair back and forth. "You look like your mommy...." I leave a light kiss on her forehead as a tear sneaks out of my eye. "I love you so much..." I leave my lips pressed against her forehead and squeeze my eyes shut. "I can't believe you're finally here. I love you. You're all mine and I'll keep you safe forever." I hold her against my chest and wipe my eyes.

"Niall..." Sam whispers from the bed. "Can I hold her?" Sam reaches out and slowly moves the blanket off her chest.

"Skin to skin contact is perfect right now. "She's probably getting a little hungry about now too." I lay the baby against her chest, and not long after, she latches on to her.

"You did so well..." I lay next to Sam again and take her hand. I kiss her knuckles and Rachel walks up up to the side of the bed.

"Do we have a name for her?" She says and I shake my head. I never even thought about a girl name. I did let Sam pick a name, although I'm not sure if she ever did. It's quiet for a minute and Sam opens her eyes.

"Olivia Renee." She whispers.

"I love it." I smile and wipe the wispy hair from Olivia's head. "Olivia..." She yawns and pulls her hands to her mouth. "I love you two so much." I lay my head down next to Sam and watch them as they both fall back asleep. "You were born into a strange world...." I sing quietly. "Like a candle, you were meant to share the fire..." They both lay there quietly. I pull the blanket up over Olivia's little body. "I don't know where we come from, and I don't know where we go. But my arms were made to hold you, so I will never let you go." I lay another kiss on Sam's forehead, then Olivia's "I'll never let you go..."