Part 6

All parts are unedited. I will come back and edit them as I have time. Please keep in mind that I wrote this 50 page short story in 3 days so please excuse the errors. It flowed so seamlessly I just had to share it with everyone ASAP!!

Enjoy.

Marissa's POV

I called him a lot after he left. I used every little excuse I could think of to reach out to him. There came a point where I realized that I was becoming a burden. I could hear it in his tone.

It wasn't that I had anything wrong at the time. I just missed him. Perhaps if I just told him that I missed him all the time he wouldn't sound so exasperated with me. I decided that I needed to lay off him a bit. I was abusing the lifeline.

After a few days the tables had turned and it was him who was continuously calling me to check up on me. It made me smile though. I came clean and told him how I felt I was using him to solve my minor issues. He calms me by telling me that no issues are minor. He wants to hear from me and he wanted him to be the one I reached out to.

We had our nightly facetime chats and our weekly skype dates. He'd check on me through texts or cute snapchat pictures throughout the day. I felt so cared for even though he was so far away. It was something I didn't think I'd be able to feel without him hear. He gave me the courage to face each day.

I kept my promise and went to my weekly counseling sessions. I hated talking about me and my problems with a woman I didn't know. She did offer me a lot of helpful advice when it came to coping and she also gave me a judge free area where I could express even the craziest of fears. I was never looked down at her for anything that I said.

Finally came the week that Rory was supposed to come and visit. To say I was excited was an understatement. He text me as he got on the plane.

Rory <3: I should be there by 2:30.

I'd offered to go to the airport and get him but he insisted on taking a cab. The first winter's snow had hit us pretty hard and I knew he was worried about me driving in it. I eagerly wait by the window checking outside every couple of minutes. How I'd longed to have his arms wrapped around me.

Finally his cab shows up and I shoot out the door like a rocket to greet him. I am careful as I quickly run down the icy driveway to greet him. He drops his bag and I jump into his arms. He catches me and leans against the cab for support.

"Missed me did you?" He laughs.

I crash my mouth onto his not bothering to waste asking for permission. Our conversations had been way more than flirty since he'd left. I was certain that it was appropriate.

We hear the cab driver sigh as we get caught into our own little world.

"Sorry." I smiled at him politely and climbed off of him.

"Let's get you inside baby girl." He coos.

Once inside he pulls me into a tight hug. His faces buries into my neck as he tightens his grasp on me.

"I guess you weren't the only one who was missed." I laugh.

"Words can't express how happy I am to see you doing so much better." His words warm me. I hadn't realized how much better I had been doing. I still felt sad since he and I were apart. "You've gained weight." He smiles holding me back at an arms width. His eyes rake over me as he takes in my appearance.

"A few pounds." It was almost ten. I felt like a pork chop but I knew that I'd lost a lot of weight this prior year. Ten pounds wasn't much but I wasn't ready to gain so much so quickly. I started back at the gym trying to make sure it was good weight and not bad weight.