Part 3

All parts are unedited. I will come back and edit them as I have time. Please keep in mind that I wrote this 50 page short story in 3 days so please excuse the errors. It flowed so seamlessly I just had to share it with everyone ASAP!!

Enjoy.

Jacklyn's POV

"Jacklyn!" Tom's voice rang out from the other side of the house. I practically jumped out of bed due to urgency of his tone.

"What?" I came around the corner to see him stating in the doorway to Marisa's bathroom.

"Come here." I grabbed my arm and pulled me inside the doorway.

"Oh my god!" I gasped covering my mouth.

Laying on the floor was chunks of blond hair. There was no blood but a lot of hair.

"What?" I gasped trying to figure out exactly what I was looking at.

"Look in the shower." I stepped inside and there was a black residue smeared on the shower walls.

"What the fuck is all that?" I gawk at it.

I take a few steps closer and inside the sink I see a pair of scissors and an empty box of black hair dye.

"She wouldn't...." I look at Tom.

Marissa loved her long blonde hair. She always bought the most expensive shampoos and treatments for her hair. She always had her hair done at one of the most prestigious hair salons because she didn't want anyone to screw it up.

"Come on." I grabbed him from the doorway and started walking towards Marissa's room. Her door was ajar and from the doorway I could see the black mop of hair on her pillow and the tar colored stains that now coated her white pillow case.

"I can't believe she cut her hair and dyed it black." Tears fill my eyes. I feel like she was losing her identity.

"Why would she do this?" I shrugged for lack of an explanation.

Tom and I sat in silence until Erica showed up. It was her day to be here with Marissa. I called out of work after seeing all the chunks of her hair. The thought literally made me sick. Knowing how compromised her health was becoming was unsettling. Marissa wasn't vain about her look but she took pride in her hair and keeping it looking good. This was a perfect example of how bad things were getting in Marissa's head.

"Why are you both here?" She has a confused look on her face.

"Go look in the bathroom."

Erica returned with a paled expression.

"Why would she do that?" Her voice thick with tears.

"We don't know." Tom looked at me and I nodded agreeing with him.

"She's been asleep since we saw that."

"Why would she cut her hair and dye it black?" She sits down in shock. "She loves her hair."

"We have the same questions." I say.

We sit in silence unsure of what to say from here. Marissa sleeps all day. It makes me think she'd probably been up all night. I worried that she'd came into my room and saw her brother and I in bed together. Maybe that pushed her over the edge last night.

We tried to wake her for supper but to no avail. I even searched her room and bathroom to see if she'd taken sleep aids. If she had them, I couldn't find any.

Days passed and it seemed like all she did was sleep. She must have had her clock backwards and was awake at night time when we weren't up. Maybe it was then that she felt like she could roam free without us constantly being in her business.