Chapter 4

I was still resting my head against his chest, and my breath collided with his dark shirt forming a warmth between him and I. He no longer felt so cold anymore. My heat radiated towards him as our bodies molded against each other. He breathed me in like air, I would have told him that I was poison, but I was already too addicted to care. He just sucked in my warmth like it was his only way of living. He made me feel comfortable in my own skin for once.

I never experienced this, the emotions that I felt right at that moment. My feelings seemed to overwhelm me. I felt like I was in the space between reality and sleep. I was living in my dreams and I never wanted to escape. I was held captive by the boy with sea and lightning in his eyes. Everything was so unfamiliar, yet the feelings were true. I enjoyed the feeling of my heart racing and how his arms held me closely as if he was the one holding me together from the storm destroying me in my head. I never felt this like this with someone who was not part of my family. This was something new and I couldn't deny how complete I felt.

I started to move one of my legs from under my blushing face, and now it laid flat on my bed with the other leg that was broken. I needed to change the position of my leg before it fell asleep. My hands were no longer the ropes that wrapped around my legs, instead they were awkwardly in my lap. I had no idea what to do with them. The boy's lean, but muscular tattooed arms were still tied tightly around me like I was his anchor, but in reality he was the one that brought me back to stability after crashing with the waves I called my tears.

One of his arms started to unwrap around me, and I thought he was going to leave me here alone in the vulnerable state I was in. I really wish he didn't, he was the only other soul in the lifeless room. With him by my side, nothing seemed grey anymore. I was no longer lonely and I only dreamed that he felt the same way about my company.

His hand that held the arm once around my back, touched my hands that were sitting in my lap. I stared down at his pale hands as they laid right above my own hands. His hands felt so cool against my own, and I wondered why he was always so cold, maybe it was natural for him to have such a cold touch. His long fingers gently wrapped around the back of my hands until they touched my palms. He brought one of my hands up and lifted it, so I was now holding him back. He let go of his other arm and used it to surround his whole body with both of my own arms. We were now connected as if we were the matching pieces.

His head slowly dipped down until his soft blonde hair was mixing with my own hair. His head gently pushed my face closer to the side of his neck right below his ear. I held in a deep sigh. I didn't want my breath to blow out uncomfortably near his throat, but when the feeling of his cool breath snuck right above my ears, I found myself shivering against the cold air, which caused my hairs to stand up. I was no longer able to keep in my sigh that I have been holding. I let it out unintentionally feeling the warm temperature reach my cheeks. He only held me tighter, and I knew that if he no longer held the pieces of me together I would fall apart with a dark space between my ribs and an empty mind. If he ever let go, I would let him keep the pieces of myself with him, so it would feel as if he never left.

"Are you feeling better?" I felt his lips move against my hair. His voice sounded gentle and I found it hard to not find it beautiful.

"I'm feeling okay." I said against the skin of his neck. I said it in barely a whisper. since my mouth was right underneath his ear, I guess he heard. This time I really did feel like I was okay. I wasn't just saying it to reassure him, but to reassure myself. It was a lovely feeling, to feel completely okay for once.

The beautiful boy adjusted our position so that we were facing eye to eye. We were so close together. We were still wrapped up around each other and I found it hard not to stare at him. The whites of his eyes looked a little red and the ocean seemed to have leaked out of his eyes and dried up on his skin as if it was the sandy shore. It was as if my pain and panic had affected him. He looked as if he cried when I cried, and I too was sorry that I destroyed the barrier that held the ocean in his eyes. He looked like a mess, but he was still a walking piece of art. Looking at him made me feel in pain and it only made me regret my actions more. I made him feel that way, the feeling of being unknown and invisible. He thought that I wasn't going to believe him, but I did.