Chapter 3

Please enjoy the next chapter and please consider voting and commenting  if you liked it 

I was still deep in the world of dreams and my own tragedies. I was just too busy being tired to open my eyes to see who was tucking me in tighter. The thick warm blanket rose up from my feet to reach the middle of my neck. It was as if the person knew I was too drained to lift up the cover myself. I thanked them in my head. My lips couldn't move due to the lack of energy I had. That's another reason why I hated the freaking pills. They always put up limits around someone's freedom. The pills only reminded me that I needed more fixing, that I needed to change myself in order to be normal.

Their hands started to fix the white pillow, so it was right under my head instead of on the side of the bed. I was always a messy sleeper. My sister always told me that I moved too much, when we slept together. I would always get scared of ghosts and monsters under the bed, when I was younger which lead me to sleeping with my parents or sister half of the time of my childhood. She would always fall off the bed or all her stuffed animals would be no where in sight the next day. Apparently I kicked when I slept. Bea would always get mad, but we were sisters, so the fight would never last long. We loved each other too much to become enemies.

When the pillow was positioned perfectly, I relieved a sigh of comfort and snuggled even more into the blankets. The person's hand started to pet and play with my dark hair. I found it calming and it made me even more eager to sleep longer. It was the most content sleep I had in a while. I always had trouble sleeping ever since I was younger that's why I've been taking sleeping pills since I was 10. I wanted to keep it in my memory forever. It was strange that the best sleep I ever had was in a hospital bed, but it was the truth. I never slept so well in the 18 years I have lived on this Earth. It was probably just my mother or sister providing the company I desperately needed ever since I got into the hospital. The person kept on smoothing out my hair, and I was surprised that they were still doing it because my hair was an oily mess and needed a washing.

After a couple more gentle touches against my head, the person's fingers stop moving and was no longer gliding against my hair. I instantly missed the feeling and wished that the comfort would come again. I sighed and turned over to my right side to get into a better position for sleeping. I tucked my head slightly under the blankets, but the person's hand lowered the cover so my head was making contacting with air. When I felt a cold hand touch my neck, I felt a shiver run down my spine, but I enjoyed the sudden change of temperature.

Then I felt a pair of soft lips press against my cheek. Once I felt the cool skin against my warm flesh, I was afraid to open my eyes, afraid to let out another breath. I knew who those lips belonged to and I knew I was only dreaming. I tried to convince myself that the hand around my neck and the lips pressed to my cheeks were all just illusions created to cure my lonely self, but it felt so real.

I couldn't deny it any longer. I wanted to open my eyes, and see if it really was the mysterious, but breathtaking boy from before. I just had to know if he was human, or if I was just absolutely insane for crushing on an imaginary person. I forced my body to peek open one eye and I saw no one, not a living soul in the room. I then convinced my body to open both of my eyes to just confirm what I was seeing because a part of me didn't want to believe it. A part of me want me to believe that all the gentle touches and pretty lips were true and not just my imagination. The other part of me already thought I was falling into insanity. At this point, I was so confused. I didn't know what else to believe.

When my eyes were both open, I winced at the harsh lighting. The lights were too bright so I rubbed my eyes before I revealed the truth to myself. I was really just stalling because I was too afraid that I really was seeing things that weren't real in reality. It would mean more pills to swallow just to be normal.