S i x

''Why did you help me?'' Bethany asks Ashton, and he immediately looks at the ground. ''She was saying things that weren't true. It's not fair, she can't tell everyone those fake rumors without having to deal with me first,'' he says. ''And besides, I was talking the truth, I do like you a lot,'' he says. Bethany's eyes widen and she looks at you. You smile encouraging and nod, told-you-so, the look in your eyes says.

''You do?'' Bethany asks. ''But we've barely even met,'' ah, not really the reply you were hoping for. But then again, she's kind of speaking the truth.

''I know, but believe me. I've never felt this way about someone before, in my entire life. I guess I don't even deserve you because I'm such an asshole. I know this is all a bit too fast, but I didn't see any other option. Would you please hang out with me some time?'' Ashton asks her with a pleading look in his eyes.

''Okay,'' she says while shrugging. ''You're a really nice guy, and after what you did for me I don't see why I wouldn't do it,'' she says with a bright smile.

''Good,'' he says with a relieved sigh.

They both kind of forgot the two of you standing there as well, and they look up with shame. Luke and you just smile at them, trying to encourage them.

After fifteen minutes or so the four of you are lying down in the sand of the small beach attached to the lake. You're look at the stars and they're honestly beautiful. You're glad you finally became some sort of friends with the guys in your band. This is going to make everything so much easier.

Then you suddenly realise something, Luke was trying to tell you something before Valery spoke up this evening.

''Luke?'' You start, looking beside you to face him. Bethany and Ashton also face him, and he looks up in surprise. ''Yeah?'' He asks you. ''You were trying to tell us something before Valery did what she did, some good news,'' you say, hoping he knows what you're talking about.

His eyes lit up and he opens your mouth to start talking. ''Oh yeah, I've got some good news,'' he says with a smile. ''We've talked to Calum and Michael...'' this is where Ashton realises what the blonde boy's talking about. ''Oh yeah, we did,'' he says, also smiling now.

Seriously, what's up with these boys? Can't they just tell you?

''Well, so we talked to Calum and Michael about the whole not making friends thing, and I think we got to an agreement,'' Luke says. Ashton nods his head with a smile, which soon fades again. ''We can make friends, we can be nice to other people,'' he says. ''But we're not allowed to fall in love with them, it will ruin our friendship they say,'' now you understand why Ashton's mood dropped all of the sudden. He can't fall in love, meaning that he can't fall in love with Bethany. Bethany luckily doesn't take it like that, and smiles.

''Well that's okay, we can finally work together with you without any difficulties,'' she says excitedly. Ashton just frowns a bit but then reluctantly nods. ''Yeah, we can,'' he says. Little does she know that there will be difficulties for him.

When you face Luke again you see he's also frowning, probably because he realises what's up with Ashton as well. At least, you hope that's the reason. ''Yeah, these days are going to be fun. We can start on the lyrics of the song tomorrow,'' you state with a smile. You all lean back in the sand again and continue staring at the stars.

--------- • ---------

''So, what's your favourite colour?'' Luke asks you with a smile. ''Ah, that's a boring question Luke! I thought you'd come up with something better,'' you exclaim. You were playing a game of twenty questions with him, and it was his turn. Ashton and Bethany are a couple meters away from you, engrossed in a conversation with a unidentified subject. They seem to be having fun since Ashton is laughing while Beth tells him something.