F o u r

It was after lunch now, time for the band gathering. You wonder if Ashton keeps his promise, you really do.

"Why are we even going to this stupid gathering?" Bethany says grumpily. "They most likely won't show up anyway,"

"They have to, Ashton promised me this morning," you tell her, failing to keep the small bit of desperation inside.

"He promised you this morning? Are you suddenly friends now? Why would he keep that promise?" She sassily asks, and you realize she could be right. You don't want her to be right, you want her to be wrong, so Ashton and Luke show up.

You sit down on one of the benches at the place where the campfire is usually held. Now all you can do is wait and pray that they will come.

"Good afternoon ladies," you hear a voice behind you say. You turn around and see the two boys who are either going to make or break your camp standing there.

"Good afternoon," you greet them back with a smile. "I'm glad you came," Bethany stiffens next to you when she sees the two boys standing there.

"Wow, you really came," she says, and the boys both nod.

"We have to make this band work, right?" Ashton shrugs. Well, you're glad they realise that. This camp would've been an hell if they would've decided to let you do everything on your own.

"Agreed," you say while tapping on the bench. "Sit down, so we can start," the boys shuffle towards the bench and sit down to it.

"So, what should we start with?" Luke asks reluctantly. Well, Ashton didn't really make him any nicer, he probably just forced him to come here. But then again, you haven't said a word about Ashton to Bethany as well.

If she likes him back? That's an interesting question, because you have no idea. They seemed to have a good time in the music classroom yesterday, but what if it wasn't genuine? And being nice to someone doesn't necessarily that you like that person.

You guess you'll find out when Ashton makes a move. Not that it isn't a bit soon to make a move on a person you only met a day ago.

"We should probably start with deciding who's going to play what? I mean, we have like three guitars, drums and a singer right now," Luke sums up. He's kind of right as well, it is a bit weird to have three guitarists and a drummer.

"But we could always try to make a song that includes three guitarists and a drummer, right?" Bethany asks. "I mean, we decide what the song is going to be like, we write it," I nod in agreement.

"You're probably right, we could do something like that," you say, "there are more bands around the world with three guitars, drums and vocals," the boys nod as well, and it became a plan.

"I'll play rhythmic guitar, the two of you could be the melodic ones?" Luke proposes. "Sounds all right to me," Bethany says with a smile. Finally, the ice is broken.

"What do we do next?" You ask, not really know how to start this whole band thing.

"Start writing the song, I guess? Wait, what if we just grab our instruments? We could start on some tunes, maybe a riff?" Ashton proposes, and Bethany and you agree. "Will do," you all jump up and go to your own cabins to grab your stuff. You decide this is the perfect moment to start about Ashton, now he's not here.

"You know, Ashton's actually a really nice guy," you say. Wow, smooth Hailey - not -. Bethany looks up at you and cocks her eyebrow.

"Why the sudden interest? Are you into him?" She says, frowning a bit at that last sentence. "No, I'm not," you quickly say, way to make everything awkward.