"...So, I'm alrighty ready."

I focused on his face for any signs of humor, or in this case, impressively good acting, but found none. I sigh, leaning my chin deep into the pillow I grasped onto.

Whether it was the whiskey, the sudden burst of 'yo Jo, sup, it's me, Damon, let's chat', or the giggly mood, the revenge he was talking about wasn't valid anymore. I was too calm to start a fight just for the fun of it.

"Okay", I state and point at him, my words slurring, "You sometimes kind of look like a serial killer in that jacket."

He bobs his head down, "Daniels, you adorable little thing. I'm sure you have something... stronger to say", he looks up at me, "Don't be shy. Use what you wanted to to say to me when we first met. The 'insults'."

"I'm not shy, and no, I don't have anything stronger that I want to say."

"Why not?"

I shrug, "Because I'm the douchebag who ran away from Violet, without at least trying to talk things out, like a mature person would."

"You're not the douchebag."

"Yes, I am the douchebag. Pass me the bottle again."

"No", he drinks it himself.

I cringe my nose at the realization of drinking from the same bottle the entire time, "Fine."

With an annoying smirk, he wipes his mouth using his t-shirt, flashing a glimpse of his lower stomach and motions for me to scoot over so he can sit next to me against the wall.

He playfully drums on his thighs to a beat in his head, "But then again, in this so-called 'kiss' case, you did something that I never did before", the rhythm stops, "Which is actually care about what the other person feels, even after it didn't happen at all."

I wait for more, but that was all.
I smile and nudge him with my elbow.

"What are you going on about, Dawson? Are you trying to tell me you've never, I dunno, cared about any of the people you've kissed?"

He slowly shakes his head, a no.

"Even when kissing somebody you really liked?"

He shakes his head again, "Never had those."

Out of all the times I've spoken to him, this was the second time he did something that made me think he was a player type guy after all. Wow, I really didn't know him.

"You've never had any crushes in the past? Fancied anyone? Thought 'wow, I want to know what it would be like to hold this person's hand'?"

"No", he laughs quietly, "That's too... cheesy. Complicated. And it never worked out for me even when I tried."

I nod, almost in pity. He turns to me when I didn't notice from the corner of my eye, and I'm brought back to the mood when he taps the tip of my nose in a 'boop'.

I wipe my nose, "Ew, stop."

"There's still...", he looks at the whiskey next to him on the bed, "About a third of the bottle left - come here."