"So, being completely honest, this was kind of a perfect birthday," Allison said, once she got in the drivers seat. Her heart didn't skip a beat! She had a good day!

"Good. I'd know if you were lying anyway," I said. "You have a tell."

"Oh really?"

"Yeah. You touch your eyebrow, right here," I answered, touching the right corner of her eyebrow.

She grabbed my hand and I rubbed her knuckles with my thumb.

"okay then. Tell me if I'm lying now," she kissed the back of my hand. "I wish that my parent's weren't coming home from the teacher conferences so - I could spend the rest of the day with you."

"Rest of the day?" I questioned, slightly bewildered.

"Well," she started. "Rest of the night."

"With me?" Then something hit me. Something she had said. "Oh god! The parent-teacher conferences! I'm supposed to be there! Ugh! I'm below a 'C' in everything!"

"Well, they're going on, like, right now."

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

3rd P.O.V

"Jackson's a highly motivated student. In fact, I'd describe him as 'unusually driven'," Mr Harris said to Mr and Mrs Wittemore.

"Yeah, we were hoping he might ease up on himself a little. He's always been real hard on himself. It's just, you know, something we assumed was an effect of him being adopted," Mr Wittemore explained, worry lacing his features. Oh, how he wished his son would just take a day to relax.

"I think I understand," Mr Harris lied. "He's never met his biological parents."

"Yeah, thats right. It's the need to please, the overachieving, the desire to make someone proud. Someone he's never even met," Mrs Wittemore expanded.

"Something certainly seems to have recalibrated his desire for achievement several notches higher. Not to be too blunt about it, but he seems almost obsessed."

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

"Let me tell you, there's plenty to say about Lydia," Miss Smith said, skimming over her top students file.

"Did I not predict this?" Mr Martin said said to his ex-wife.

"Here we go. Total. Nuclear. Meltdown," Miss Martin said, putting emphasis on 'here'.

"What is it? Is it her grades, concentration issues, erratic behaviour?" Mr Martin exclaimed.

"I'm not the one who told her she has to choose who she lives with! As if that wouldn't warp a sixteen year old girl!" Miss Martin was now on the verge of shouting, her anger rising overtime Mr Martin huffed.

"Just tell us what the problem is," He demanded.

"I wasn't aware there was a problem," Miss Smith stated, clearly disapproving of Lydia's parents behaviour. "Academically, Lydia's one of the finest students I've ever had. Her A.P classes push her G.P.A above a 5.0. I'd actually like to have her I.Q tested. And socially, she displays outstanding leadership qualities. I mean, she's a real leader."