Chapter 22 - Interrupted

Authors' Note: Hey guys! This chapter may be a little short, but there is some GOOD stuff in it! With school starting in a few days, updates will be less frequent. School comes first. Sorry! But, thanks for over 200 reads! As always, vote, follow us, comment, and enjoy! ;)

~~

I turn to Dale, "Makena's still inside, right?"

He doesn't turn to look at me, but nods. I rush inside to her. When I enter the cell block, she's pacing amongst it. She spots me, "Ally, thank God! What the heck is happening?"

She runs over to me and wraps her arms around my middle, crushing me in a hug. I don't hesitate to return the favor. I'm glad she's up and moving again.

"The Governor attacked us" I said.

"Oh my god, are you okay? Is anyone hurt?"

Tears start to blur my vision, "They killed Axel"

She gasps and pulls out of the hug to look at me. Her eyes roam around my face and neck.

"I-Is that....?" she stutters, motioning toward the blood.

I sniffle and nod sadly, "I'm gonna go clean it off"

She nods and I run up the stairs, hurrying to our cell. I grab a washcloth and a water bottle located on the desk. I pour water on the cloth and start to clean my face. I walk over to our full length mirror, which was here when we arrived, to make sure I get it all.

When my face is clean, I wet the cloth more and move to my neck and chest. It's as clean as it will get. I turn to the bed to get a fresh shirt from my bag.

"Ye missed a spot" a southern, raspy voice said.

I freeze.

My chest tightens.

I know that voice.

My heart beat speeds up as I slowly turn to face him. My eyes are directed at the ground. I see his boots, and slowly look up his legs, chest, arms, neck, chin, mouth, nose. When I reach his eyes, my breath catches in my throat. His bright, piercing, Georgia blue eyes are already staring into mine. We gazed at each other for what felt like hours.

Before I could process what I was doing, my feet carry me toward him at full speed. I reached him and smashed my soft lips to his chapped ones. He tensed for a split second, but immediately relaxed and started kissing back. My arms wrapped around his neck, while one of his went around my waist and the other one went up my back, his hand cupping the back of my neck.

We attack each other's lips forcefully and passionately. I run my hands through his hair, wanting to do that since the first time we kissed. His grip on my tightened, leaving no gap between our bodies. I scrunched his hair in my fingers, tugging on it lightly. That earned a moan from him. His arms left my back and he bent down slightly, not breaking the kiss. His hands gripped the back of my thighs and he lifted me up. I smiled into the kiss, and wrapped my legs around his waist. He walks over to a wall and put my back against it for support.

His tongue traces my bottom lip, and I grant entrance. Our tongues battle, exploring the other's mouths. I eventually let him win. His hands tighten on my thighs.

Someone clearing their throat in the doorway causes Daryl to drop me. I thankfully landed on my feet. We turned to see a smirking Glenn standing in the doorway.

"You guys are needed, we're going to have a group discussion" he then exits, not giving us a chance to respond.

We're both breathing heavily. I can feel that my cheeks are flushed a dark red. He turned back to me and smiled, making me do the same.