Chapter 4 - New Faces

Authors' Note: WWWWWWOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!! Over 20 reads is AMAZING! We can't thank you enough for choosing to read our story! But you guys seriously need to post some comments! We want/need to know how you're feeling about the story so far along with some feedback. How about this..... first comment will get a shout out in a chapter! Hopefully it's the next one, but we'll have to see. So don't forget to keep with us, recommend our book, follow, COMMENT, vote, and enjoy!!!! Thanks!

~~~

I spoke up first, "My name is Allison Montgomery, but most call me Ally"

I put my hand on Makena's back and guided us closer to the group while she spoke, "I'm Makena Dixon" she said shyly.

A redneck-looking man's head shot up, and stared at Makena with disbelief. He started slowly stalking towards us.

"Wha' did ye just say yer last name was?" he asked her coldly.

Makena started quietly whimpering and hid half of her body behind me.

He grabbed the crossbow off of his back and aimed it at her.

"I asked ye a damn question, girl!" he shouted.

I grabbed my gun back out of my pocket and aimed it at him.

"Don't take another step towards her." I growled.

He looked surprised by my sudden action, but quickly wiped it away before glaring at us again.

"M-My last name is Dixon" Makena said quietly from behind me.

His piercing blue eyes widened. Those eyes reminded me of........wait........ something isn't right here.

He scoffed and said "Like hell it is, yer lyin'" and started to walk away, but Makena came out from behind me and said,

"I'm not lyin', dick face. That's what it is" she said with confidence.

I looked around the group of people to see shock on all of their faces by her sudden change of attitude. But a little boy wearing a sheriff's that looked about her age had a small smirk on his face, and amusement in his eyes.

"Oh yea," he said, "well wha' was your daddy's name then, huh?" he asked.

"Will Dixon" she replied slowly.

He just snorted and said "Liar" before stalking away.

Makena sighed and shook her head before looking up at me. We looked at the rest of the group, while they looked at us.

A man with curly dark brown hair and a little stubble stepped up first.

"Hello, my name is Rick Grimes," he reached his hand out to shake it, which I did, "and we are very thankful you saved Dale. Would you like to join our group?" he asked with hope in his eyes.

I looked down at Makena with a look that said, "well?", she nodded enthusiastically.

"Of course, we would love to" I smiled.

~~~

We got introduced to everyone in the group.

There was Lori, Rick's wife, Carl, Rick's son, Carol, an older woman with a buzz cut, Glenn, an Asian boy that looked about a year or two younger than me, Andrea, a very friendly blonde, Dale, the older man I had saved, T-Dog, the only black man who was VERY funny, Shane, the bald man, whom I did not trust at all, there was just something about him....

Then there was the people who lived in the farm house. Hershel, the older man who was the owner, Maggie, Hershel's oldest daughter, Beth, Hershel's youngest daughter, Patricia, a friend of Hershel's, and Jimmy, Beth's boyfriend.

Hershel told us we could sleep in the house for the night, and were more than welcome to use the showers.

So here I was, standing in the scorching hot water, washing all the grease out of my hair, and shaving all the hair off of my legs, with an actual razor. I finish up and head into the bedroom Makena and I are sleeping in. There is a twin sized bed and a couch with a pull-out bed. I took the couch and told Makena to take the bed.

I was browsing through the books on the bookshelf when Makena came out of the shower.

"Oh. My. Sweet. Jesus. That was amazing!" she told me happily.

I smiled and laughed, "I know right, I felt the same way. I feel like I just shed a layer of skin."

"Me too! I thought that exact same thing!" she smiled.

We each had gotten a pair of pajamas and clothes for the next day from people in the group. Maggie had lent me mine, and Carol had given her late daughter's to Makena.

"C'mon squirt, let's get to bed. Sleep is calling my name." I tell her.

"I couldn't agree more" she said yawning.

I chuckled and shut off the light, then climbed onto the couch.

"That Carl kid is pretty cute, don't ya think?" I asked her smirking.

"Shut up" she groaned sleepily.

I chuckled, "Goodnight"

"G'night" she replied

Then, for the first time in a long time, I drifted to sleep.