Chapter Sixteen

My breath is uneven as we run through the tunnels. The only other possible way into the mountain is through the tunnels. The footprints make it easy to follow the path.

Clarke says she also had a general idea where to go, but I can't seem to trust her with this right now. With anything really, though. She trusted Lexa the most. She put all our eggs into one basket. For every minute longer we wait, more of our friends die. The chance of Bellamy dying becomes larger.

With my mind racing in thought, I don't notice the echo of footprints behind me. A single Reaper tackles me to the ground. I let out a strangled noise, catching Clarke's attention. She pulls out her gun, and points it towards the attacker.

"No! Go! I can handle this," I tell her, pushing away the Reaper. He stumbles back several steps, giving me time to grab the blade at the side. I know the plan was to not kill them to save them, but no one is really sticking with the plan anymore, right?

The Reaper seems dazed, so the kill is simple. He charges at me, and I step to the side. I kick the back of his knee so he falls to the hard rails. I hesitate for a second before ending his life, the sharp knife going straight through his heart.

I take a deep breath before continuing along the rails. The closer I get, the louder the echoes of voices become. It's hard to tell who each voice belongs to, but I have a good guess one of them is Clarke.

It suddenly stops, and my steps slow. I really need to start running. Between all the dangerous situations I get myself into, running will probably save my life. Soon, a sharp turn comes into view, making my pace speed up yet again.

"Bellamy?"

The curly headed guy I love has his sister wrapped in his arms. The two Blakes keep a tight grip on each other.

"Tori," he breathes out. Octavia steps away from her brother, leaving me room to get to him. My sore legs carry me over to Bellamy. As soon I'm in arms reach, he pulls me up, making me jump and wrap my legs around his waist.

My head rests in the crook of his neck as tears run out from the corner of my eyes. Even though he's been in the mountain for weeks, the smoke and gunpowder smell still lingers on his skin.

I pull away enough to see his face. His warm brown eyes are homier than Akecheta's are, and the glassy look makes me tear up even more.

"I love you so fucking much," I lean up and press my lips to his. Bellamy reacts right away and deepens the kiss. The small crowd around disappears so it's only the two of us. One of Bellamy's hands is wrapped around the back of my neck, and the other keeping its grip on my thigh. His dark curls are soft between my fingertips while the back of his neck is sweaty.

"I love you too," he whispers, resting our foreheads together. He slowly lowers me back down to the ground, keeping me just as close.

A girl walks out of the door we stand beside, making me raise my knife. She wears a blue hazmat suit, making it obvious she isn't immune to the radiation.

"It's alright. It's Maya. She's with us," Bellamy informs. I give her another look, before sheathing my machete. His large hand has a tight grip on my small one. I pull away from him and hug the two nimrods I thought I lost.

"I'm going to kill you, JJ." I pull Jasper into an embrace. He chuckles but wraps his arms around me anyway. The blue button up he wears seems to suit him, surprisingly. He gives me a final squeeze as I pull away.

"And you. You little runt, I was worried sick!" I punch Monty in the shoulder, and hastily wrap my arm around him. His long shaggy hair seems to have gotten even longer over the long, few weeks. Monty's hands shake as he hugs my waist. "I was so scared when you went missing."