Chapter Nine

"Raven." I sigh.

She leans over Finn – Finn's body – with his head between her hands. It's been like this for a while now. Clarke waited to talk to Lexa, and only god knows where Bellamy ended up. I saw him right before following Raven. It's my job to keep her safe, even if she is older than I am.

"She had to do it. They would have tortured him, Ray." I frown.

"Just go away, Tor," Raven mutters. She doesn't look up, keeping her eyes on Finn's closed ones.

"You know I can't do that." The sound of grass crunching from behind catches my attention.

Clarke stands beside me, her arm brushing mine ever so slightly. Her eyes are red from crying.

"Raven, I'm sorry," Clarke apologizes. Her bottom lip trembles. I feel sorry for the both of them. They both loved Finn – sure, I did too, like a friend, not how I love Bellamy.

Wait.

Love Bellamy? Do I really love him? I know he loves me. He's said it enough that probably half the Grounders could use it against him. My feelings for Bellamy Blake grow stronger and stronger each day, but love? Are they really that strong?

"I said, go away!" Raven screeches.

"I know how hard this must be for you, but I'm leaving with the Grounders, and I need you to keep working on the radio," Clarke says. The Grounders try to grab hold of Finn, and Raven starts freaking out as soon as they go near him.

"They need to take him."

"Like hell they do. Get off." Raven tries prying their arms away from the dead body with no avail.

"Give us a minute, please." Clarke sighs.

"You agreed to this?" I snap, crossing my arms. I don't know what the hell is going on with her, but I don't like it.

"We're taking him back to the village where the massacre took place," Clarke explains. "There's a death ritual. It's the only way to get our people out of Mount Weather."

"Then I'm coming too, and don't worry," Raven pauses, "I'll bring your damn radio."

Raven stalks away from the two of us as the Grounders carry Finn's body elsewhere. I face back towards Clarke, glaring at Lexa who is behind us.

"Tori–"

"I just really hope you know what you're doing, Clarke."

)( )( )( )(

"I love you." Bellamy bends down and kisses my cheek. The rifle in his hand and backpack on his shoulder is similar to how I look. Of course, with the exception of me having my bow. We follow behind the group of Grounders – more specifically, behind Clarke.

I push back the loose strands of hair that fall into my face. A headband would be great right about now. A smile crosses my face as I look up at Bellamy.

"Why?" I chuckle. It's a good question. Why does he love me? I'm just a pain in the ass to everyone.

"Well, for one, I love your dimples when you smile. And your laugh. I love your hands."

"My hands?"

"Yeah." Bellamy chuckles. He grabs one just to prove his point. "I love holding your hand, and I really love when you run your hands through my hair, especially when we're making out." He smirks. I roll my eyes and glare at him.

"There's a lot you don't know about me, Blake." I smirk. He raises an eyebrow to tell me to go on. "Like, that I've always wanted to play basketball."