Chapter Five

Bellamy's words played through my head the whole way back.

Kill the bastard.

It was a simple response that held so much meaning behind it. I mean, he is my dad, he helped my mother raise me – not that he did a good job. He's always gotten on my case for not being good enough, whether it was for my grades in school, or just in general. Either way, I'd always end up on the opposite side of the hand. School was always something I enjoyed – not English, but science. Nerdy, I know, but I liked learning about how everything works.

The walk back was silent between the two of us. I stayed by his side the entire way, except for the few minutes I spent talking to Octavia and Monroe.

Octavia was quiet. She kept a hard look on her face. I could tell she's different form the last time we saw one another.

"Blake?" I hold his hand as the gates of the camp come into view, it was still a considerable amount away: the Ark is huge.

"Yes, Sunshine?" He smirks slightly at the old nickname. It was the first thing he ever called me, back when we met on the drop ship. We're both completely different from that day – physically and mentally. My muscles have increased, as well as my hand-eye-coordination. My hair is a lot longer too; before it just reached my shoulder blades, and now it's almost half way down my back.

"Will you really do it?" I stop, glancing at the camp. "Kill him, I mean?"

"If it protects you: yeah, I would." He runs a hand through my hair and gathers it at the back of my neck. "He's your father, Tori. He's the only family you have left."

"He stopped being family the moment he started beating me," I snap. "I just – I just don't want to be scared anymore. I hate it." I can feel a single tear slip down my cheek. I've been afraid of him for too long, and now, enough is enough.

"I know." He looks into my eyes for a moment and wipes the tear off with his thumb. Then, he swoops down and kisses me. It's slow and meaningful, but it takes my breath away – literally. I pull away after a few moments and take a deep breath. It was by far the longest kiss we shared out of our few.

"I'll keep you safe, I promise," Bellamy breathes out. His large hand cups my cheek. "I promise."

"I know." I smile and peck his cheek. The short walk to camp seems to take forever.

"Open the gates!" I hear someone shout. With a crackle, the large electric gates swings open. A guard immediately takes the gun from Bellamy's hand.

Abby stalks over to Mel, who is leaning against Octavia now. "I know you: Factory Station. Where are the others?"

"There are no others," she replies in a hoarse voice.

"Found her a day from here. No survivors, lots of supplies," Bellamy finishes. Abby gets someone to bring Mel to medical. My eyes scan around the camp in hopes to not see my father. All I see is a big wave of blonde before I stumble back slightly.

Clarke wraps her arms around both me and Bellamy. It takes me by shock for a moment before I squeeze her back. I had missed Clarke, and worried about her. She pulls away after a few seconds and hugs Octavia.

"I'm glad you're okay," I admit, stuffing my one hand into my pocket while Bellamy grabs the other.

"You too." She smiles. It falters for half a second as she sees Bellamy and I's intertwined hands before coming back twice as big.

"How many are with you?" Octavia asks. If Clarke's here, the rest of our friends are here too, right? Or at least safe and okay?

"None," she sighs. "Where's Finn?"