Chapter 6

After I had called in the nurses and called Landon's family, his room was pretty packed. Quickly after they got in the room, the nurses asked Landon's family and I to step out of the room to make a place for the doctors to evaluate. Through the window we saw as He rushed in, and started to do what seemed like a regular check up.

"I think I'm going to head out to the car and get our bags. I don't like just standing here waiting. There's too much suspense. I need to distract my self. Would you girls want to come with me?" Dave said after a few minutes of waiting in the hallway. That sounds like a great idea. I was in great need of a distraction to get my mind off of how Landon was.

Teresa and I agreed to go down with him. Today was definitely not the way we were expecting it to be.

-----------------

Three days later, Landon still hasn't completely woken up. He would squeeze my hand, but other than that, he was still in the coma state.

After school on Monday, Teresa, Lily and I sat silently in the hospital room waiting. Just waiting. Waiting for Landon to wake up. The doctors said that he should be waking up.

I sat on his bed, being extra careful of his broken arm and everything else that was injured on him. I looked at the clock and realized it was 8:50. It seemed like I had been there for only a short time, yet it had been close to five hours.

I sat wearing a light purple Pink brand sweatshirt, with a black pair of yoga pants. My hair was thrown up on top of my head in an extremely messy bun.

Landon was wearing a baby blue hospital gown, with his hair pointing in every direction. His freckles were lightly speckling his face.

I couldn't help but check my phone every chance I could. I'm a typical teenager. I looked down when my phone started ringing. I noticed on the screen it was Andy.

"Hello?" I said as I answered the phone.

"Hey, how's Landon?" Andy asked.

"Well, nothing has really changed. He's doing about the same. He hasn't woken up yet. The doctor says he will any time now." I looked at Teresa and saw her almost in tears again.

"He's a strong guy; he'll pull through just fine. Don't stress over it and worry yourself sick. You always tend to do that." He replied.

"He is. He's tough. I think its been harder on us than it has been on him." I said seeing Teresa smile in response to my comment.

"Well, just know that I'm here for you. And that everything will work out. Anyways, the reason I called was to tell you guys that Mom and I are going to be at the hospital with some food we've been making. So don't let anyone eat." He always knew what to say.

I tilted the phone away from my mouth. "My family is bringing us food." I whispered to Teresa. She stood up and took Dave's hand and pulled him out the door. Leaving me alone with Landon.

"Listen Annie, I better go. I need to find Teresa and Dave. I think they're finding a doctor and I want to hear what they have to say."

"Okay, we'll be there in a little bit. Stay tough." he said before he hung up.

I walked out of Landon's hospital room to see Dave and Teresa talking to another doctor. I walked over to hear what I could from the only person who knew more about Landon than we did.

"He's showing signs that he will wake up before the day is through. We're keeping a nurse assigned only to him. I assume you all are staying until then?" the doctor asked.

"Yes we will. We're always going to be here." Dave replied.

"Um, Doctor Leonard?" A young nurse yelled from Landon's doorway.

"Yes?" Dr. Leonard quickly turned.

"I think he just woke up!" the nurse said frantically.

___________________________________

Hey guys! Sorry its taken forever! I hope you like it!

Quick Question: What do you think is going to happen with Landon? Will he remember Aria?

Next update: 50 reads and 20 votes

Thanks for reading!