Chapter 2

I woke up before my alarm clock went off. it must have been all the nerves from starting school today that made it so I couldn't sleep.

I checked my phone before getting out of bed, typical teenager right? I noticed, not to my surprise, that I hadn't received a single text through the night. I also noticed that I had more than enough time to shower, dry my hair, and still be able to straighten it.

So that's exactly what I did. I blasted my radio, singing at the top of my lungs to every single song, even if I didn't know the words. The moment when Neon Trees' 'Everybody Talks' came on, I sang every word at the top of my lungs. I absolutely love that song.

I got out of the shower, got changed into my pre-picked outfit, and headed for my vanity. I sat down on the rot-iron chair and realized I had a big job in front of me, and only about an hour until I had to leave.

I blow dried my hair, letting it go in every direction seeing that I had more time to straighten it and make it presentable. I plugged in my ancient straightener and decided to do my makeup in the time it would take to heat up. I realized I had the opportunity to change everything about my looks since it was a new beginning, there might as well be a new me.

It was time for change. Things were going to change. My makeup was going to change. I decided to wear less. To go with the more natural look. It would be less time to get ready and then I wouldn't have to buy as much makeup.

I finished getting ready, and walked out of my bedroom. I saw Andy sitting in the family room, in his usual spot. On the couch.

"Hey Annie, you ready to be the new kid again?" I laughed as I sat down next to him.

"If I have to. I hate it. I want to go home. Do you know how much a bus ticket is?" he laughed.

"I would be that they're definitely more than you have saved up." I looked at my phone, "I think we'd better get going so we can get to the office before school starts."

"Yeah, let's go." he said glumly.

We walked out of the new house, not saying goodbye to our parents. With Andy by my side, I felt invincible, yet invisible. I thanked God that I had him, for the support he was for me in that moment, and throughout my life.

I noticed as we drove away from the house, that the neighbor kids were leaving at the same time.

I was ready to face my new school. Or was I?

********

I walked with Andy by my side, through the silver painted metal doors, and checked out my new school and classmates. The students were less country looking as I had expected, seeing as I based this off of the neighbor boy. They were huddled in small groups, mingling before the school day started. The school itself, was old and very stereotypical.

I wore my newest blue and brown Hollister button up shirt, with three-quarter sleeves, rolled into a cuff right above my elbow. My hair, chocolate brown and somewhat naturally curly was now straightened, was almost halfway down my back in length. My makeup was light and simple. A light amount of eye shadow edged by a thin row of eye liner, my lashes lengthened by a small layer of mascara. My brown eyes sparkled with the makeup I had on. I was surprised with how different I looked with less makeup.

Andy wasn't as nervous as I was. He wore his curly brown hair a little longer than most; it was long enough to see that it starts to curl, yet not long enough to look very curl. He wore a white t-shirt and some plain jeans to match. His curly hair looked like he had just woken up and rolled out of bed.