Chapter 7 - Truth Revealed

Start from the beginning

"The... attack," Adam's words comes out in choppy bits. Big D frown and look at me. "Leo, tell us." I nod. "First of all," I take a deep breath, ready for the truth to be revealed.

"I FREAKIN PANICKED, LIKE A PANCAKE."

"And second," I take back a little as the joke didn't catch their attention as I have expected. "That wasn't Chase," I spill out slowly. "That was Marcus."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bree's P.O.V.

My eye flutter open.

All the troubles are pushed behind when my eyelids have been wide open again. The sky is a beautiful azure. I can smell the fragrance in the air. It's like I am in a fores-

I am in a forest.

My heart start beating fast again. A forest? How on earth am I here?

I press my right hand on the ground to support my getting up. An acute pain spreads from my arm to the whole body. I cry out loud and lose my grip. My back hit against the ground as I curl my injured hand oddly. My back hurts so much.

I groan and shut my eyes, wishing there is someone here with me.

"BREE!" Chase rushes to my side and I open my eyes again. Thanks goodness, the one I need most now, is here.

"Bree, you're awake!" He smiles as he helps me to sit up. I look up at him. He is exhausted, the rims of his eyes are black, though still examining me delightedly.

What is going on?

I turn my head and look around suspiciously. It is late in the afternoon, we are in a middle of a forest. Trees are talk and everywhere, and a fire made by Chase is glowing smoke. I look at Chase with misgiving. "Where were we?" He points to a steep slope that is feet away from us. "There, we fell off." He concludes concisely. I rub my temple hard. And I remember.

"Ah yes... we did," I mumble. "and my hand..." "The scorpions." I nod slightly, looking down at my right hand wrapped with leaves tightly. I know it is gonna cost the moment I give up letting go. "Where are Adam and Leo?" I question. Chase will contact the others to save us, given that I have got hurt.

"Well..." Chase hesitates. "I suppose they are coming... The thing is," he cuts off again. "I couldn't connect to the GPS signal of the island. It is a deep forest but that should have worked. Something was disturbing me to connect with the outside world." I frown. "I guess that doesn't matter. Now that I am awake, I can super speed us back to the island." I smile and push my sound left arm on the ground to get up.

"No!" Chase yells as I clutch on the tree trunk I have been leaning on and try getting up. But my legs are too numb. The moments I leave the ground my legs have lost the grip. They fall on the ground uncontrollably and I hit the ground hard.

I laugh awkwardly. "Yeah, have been lying down for too long. I just have to-" I push myself up again. And I failed again.

"I can do this." again, and again.

I tumble and hit the ground. It is official, I cannot stand on my own. "Bree, please don't," Chase catches my arms worriedly and resists me from trying again. I look up at him anxiously. "What happened?" my voice cracked. He purses up his lips. My vision become blurred, my tears will soon be dripping on my worn out mission suit.

He avoids my question. And it means there is something I should know. My head hurts so much. There are so much going on around, and I have not had any idea of them. I get things messed up. I have never been that powerless and frightened.

"I AM ASKING YOU, WHAT IS HAPPENING?!" I grab him by shoulders and cry right into his face. Chase looks at me as the raw look of anguish crosses his face. He takes a deep breath and starts speaking slowly. "The poison of the scorpions. There were so many bites on your hand... and the venom was spreading so fast in your body. That's why your legs..."

Jaw dropped, I widen my eyes. "I can't walk again?" "No no it is just the poison-" "If it continues spreading, I will have died-" "No! Your super durability is holding-

"NO LISTEN!" I cover my ears with my hands and curl up. Chase stops talking. I let my hands down slowly. I collapse. The sudden attack turns my world upside down. I am stuck.

I gather all my strength and keep hitting Chase in his chest. I am too weak. I yell and cry. "WE ARE IN THE MIDDLE OF THIS. WE HAVE NO WAY OUT. THE MORE I CARE THE MORE I LOSE. IN ALL OF A SUDDEN I LOST MY MOST TREASURED ABILITY. HEAD HURTS, LEGS NUMB. I AM WORTHLESS. I-"

Chase catches my struggling hands and spins me straight into his chest. He wraps his arms around my waist and pulls me in. He hugs me tightly. I stare blankly on the tree in front of me. I do not want to figure out why for quite a while.

"Bree," he calls my name quietly. I dig my head into his chest, feeling a sense of security I have not experienced for too long.

"It is going to be fine. I am able to cure you, now after all you're wide awake. Once your wound is healed, we can get out of this together. You are not lost, at least when I am around. Just relax and trust me." he whispers softly into my hair, but firmly.

"I am sorry," I rest my head on his shoulders. It is hard to believe how simple his way is. "I am scared."

Chase hugs more tightly. He knows perfectly, that is all I need.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Author's Note:
Sorry for not updating:( I have been crazily busy for school. This is a longer chapter for you all:) now that we all know the reason why Adam and Leo didn't go to save Bree and Chase - they thought that the two had returned already. Not knowing that "Chase" was Marcus until this chapter... And who would "Bree" be?