Chapter 1 - Our Origin

Bree's P.O.V.
A brand new morning on the island. I can finally get some rest I have longed for with my day off. 09:00, plenty of time. I do some stretching and brush my teeth. After changing I go down for breakfast.

"Morning."

"AH!" Adam drops his cereal.

"Ew what is wrong with your hair," Leo says while pulling out a rubber band from my dirty hair. "This is disgusting. When did you last wash it?" "Monday," I reply, and today is the next Monday by the way. "Listen Leo, this is the result we have to suffer from of not getting her a boyfriend. She's gonna stay like this with no image at all, forever. FOREVER!" Adam yells the last word into Leo's ear.

I roll my eyes and sit down for breakfast. Though they are quite right, actually. If it weren't for my image in front of the students, I barely even tidy myself. There is no one for me to really urge myself to look good in front of. No one, I guess. That's probably why I fall for any cute guys new to our island. But I have learned my lesson - boys get close to me because of my bionics, and that gives me a good reason staying single. But who cares? My life is actually pretty good at the moment.

"Morning." A familiar voice floats into my ears. "AHH!" Adam drops his cereal, again. "Mister you're next on my Get-Bionic-Superheroes-A-Date list. And let me guess, you haven't slept since last Monday, didn't you? " Leo takes out a checklist and adds Chase's name on it.

Instead of rolling his tiring eyes like I did, Chase smiles, "nope, since last Sunday." I hears excitement from his voice. "What are you working at? You have been hiding it from us for months!" "I just can't tell you, but wait until Mr. Davenport comes back. It's gonna be a huge surprise." He lets out a laugh which nobody seemed to care and he awkwardly stops. I giggles and pats his shoulder. "Dude, you've gotta stop that nerdy act." The words come out faster than my brain can react. Actually I may not want him to stop that adorable act.

"Good morning!" Douglas joins in and-
"AHHH!" Adam drops his cereal.

"HE IS ALL NORMAL WHY ARE YOU SCREAMING AGAIN?" Leo takes Adam's bowl away. "Oh I like screaming," Adam replies innocently and grabs his bowl back for new cereal.

"Somebody just phoned me about a documentary film of the Bionics," Douglas says. "It wasn't like last time about your bionic life. They want to know about the origin and the principle of bionic." "Sounds nice," Chase pours some milk in his cup. "I refused them, though." "Because you don't want us acting like idiots? like last time?" Leo playfully hits Douglas in the shoulder.

"Half the reason. Your story is actually kind of creepy and I will be sent to the prison again if I show the world at this point." "Just tell us then. Mr Davenport never told us where we are from because he did not know. Now that we know you're our real father, can't you tell us more?" I have always wanted to know more about ourselves.

"Well, I will try to left out the scary parts for you kids-" "Pffft," Adam laughs. "I am the strongest man in the world. What's gonna scare me?"

"Alright remember you said that," Douglas begins. "Bionic human were supposed to complete dangerous missions for me when I first had the idea. Androids like Marcus are too vulnerable. Then I started searching for genetic materials to scientifically 'create' a fetus. I discovered a method to clone the DNAs from different people. I selected the most developed ones and implanted them on you to fit your bionics."

"The first one was Adam. I gave him a muscular body to fit his super strength. Unfortunately I think I forgot about the brain part so, I'm sorry about that Adam." Douglas pats on Adam's back and he smiles. "No worry, I love that toothpaste flavour too."

"Okay let's continue," Douglas face palms and looks away. "I selected a new group of DNAs for Bree to fit in her super speed which-" "Wait," I interrupts. "I thought we are all related." "Seriously? How would you possibly think Adam and Chase are related?" Douglas laughs.

But we cannot laugh.

His smile fades. "Really? No idea? All these times?" We shook our heads. "So.. you're just three cloned-creepily-unrelated-siblings?" Leo blurts out. "You can say so," Douglas shrugs, like it isn't a big deal at all. "Douglas, this is serious. You did not tell us this for our whole life," Chase frowns and Douglas' smile disappears.

"But it doesn't make any difference right?" Douglas sits down warily and eats Adam's cereal. "You have lived together for so long, nothing is going to change."

Maybe he is right. I don't really know what will happen. The new piece of information is so interesting that I don't know what I will do with it. Maybe this is simply a story forgotten weeks later.

Or maybe it changes everything.

Not writing the rest of their origin story, the creepy story is not our focus... let's just say Adam slept with Chase in his capsule for the next two weeks.