Chapter 20: House Warming or Rather a Proposal

But you didn't have to cut me off

Make out like it never happened and that we were nothing

And I don't even need your love

But you treat me like a stranger and that feels so rough

No you didn't have to stoop so low

Have your friends collect your records and then change your number

I guess that I don't need that though

Now you're just somebody that I used to know

(Gotye; Somebody that I used to know)

~~~~~

Unedited

Five days later...

Since they arrived in Athens, Nicolas has been so thoughtful and caring. He was acting like a real, good husband and father. Adriana felt that Nicolas was making up for his shortcomings and Nicolai was so happy being with him.

And Nicolas's parents comes to visit us almost everyday and sometimes, they takes Nicolai with them, leaving us alone and Nicolas most of the time.

That time we work together to find the house we wanted to live in. And now, we are here.

The house or mansion Nicolas bought is ridiculously big for just the three of us. It has seven bedrooms and ten bathrooms with a built-in aquarium.

The mansion has that classical pillared look for its main entrance, and the mansion sits on a generous 2.8 acres with perfectly manicured grounds, lush landscaping and outdoor kitchen.

There also is a sunken tennis court, a large cobblestone motor court and twelve cars parking on the grounds.

The mansion bloviated a wonderfully grand marble entry with stunning stained glass skylights that lead to the formal living room, wine and dining room, grand family room, game room and huge eat-in kitchen. The estate includes a large pool and a cabin.

The estate also features a top-notch home theatre that includes a concession stand and advanced sound system.

Moving to another house is not as bad as what Adriana thought it is.

Well, the perks of living with a billionaire. All their stuffs were moved by his crews. Everything were also been put together, again- by his employees.

Adriana's parents were also picked up by Nicolas' private pilot, Christian to joined then in their house warming, so as Adriana.

It still surprise Adriana how billionaire's life works. It's all spoon-feeding and hand-holding.

Adriana's parents thank Nicolas countless times for his gifts to them, the big house he bought for them. Nicolas just told them it was a thank you gift for helping Adriana raise their son.

Mikaela and Sergio was also grateful that they are present in their house warming, tonight. She was happy that her parents are there. Giuseppe had reasoned out that he's busy, althought Adriana thought that Giuseppe hasn't find in his heart to forgive him completely.

Adriana heaved a sighed.

It's almost seven and everyone is dress for tonight. It wasn't as formal as how billionaire's throw their parties. Since, it's just close friends and families, the party is non-formal. Anyone can wear any type of clothing as long as they are comfortable.

Nicolas parents will be coming and his two sisters, Nicolas friends too with their wives, and my parents. And, I'm glad that none of Nicolas mistresses is coming, including Phoebe. After that encounter, she didn't showed up.