Chapter 11: A Family's Day Out

Why didn't you wake me up?
I'm pretty sure I would have told you to stop,
let's try again and say goodbye
Goodbye to yesterday

Why would you think like that
yeah, we fight a lot, but in the end,
you and I, we're a perfect match

(Elina Born & Stig Rasta; Goodbye To Yesterday Lyrics)

~~~~~~~~
Unedited

The biking plan evaporated into the thin air as soon as Nicolai entered the big toy store. He couldn't decide which one to buy. I felt so overwhelmingly happy and contented to see my son and Adriana as they both happily talk and make a decision on what to buy.

Nicolai would agree and then seconds later he would change his mind as soon as he sees another interesting toy.

"Daddy, how many can we buy today?" Nicolai asked giving me his puppy dog eyes as he tilted his head upwards, a little bit backward so our eyes meet as I hovered over him.

"Anything you would like, son!" I smiled widely and I tousled his hair. Nicolai's smiled widened and excitedly bounce back to the toy shelves.

I look at Adriana she was glaring at me.

"There's no room in our house once he brought all this toys home!" Adriana stressed out in exasperation, reminding Nicolas in a smooth sarcastic way, cracking an awkward smile but her eyes says different.

"I will find a way to fit all those!" I grinned to Adriana as I pulled her closer to me. She yelped and her protest muffled and died in my mouth as I crashed her delectable lips. Nicolas didn't care about the eyes glued to them.

When Nicolas and Adriana pulled themselves away, they realized their son was watching them with a toy box in his hand. He was grinning broadly.

Adriana felt embarrassed and some shoppers were shooting them a deathly glare while others an envy stare.

Nicolas seemed not to care. He squatted to his son's level.

"Daddy can I buy this?" Nicolai asked as he showed Nicolas a big box of hot wheels, which he struggled to carry.

"Alright, help daddy to go find a trolley so we don't have to carry it. Will you help daddy?" Nicolas asked smiling brightly to his son. Nicolai nodded his head furiously as he kept bobbing his head, with his body tense and shakes in excitement.

Adriana just shook her head absentmindedly as she watch the two spitting image in front of her. It still surprises her how the two looks so identically alike.

"That's a good idea daddy, and I could fill it up with toys, right daddy?" Nicolai said gleefully as he bounce down the hallway with Nicolas holding his hand. Adriana waited for them and she notice two man in their suit a good distance from her, looking like a stoic statue.

She can't be wrong, they are Nicolas' securities. She absentmindedly rolled her eyes.

She averted her eyes to her son and Nicolas and her heart was filled with love and happiness as the two was heading to where the trolley are. Almost every eyes in the store was glued to Nicolas.

Why not?

He was looking so perfect and hot in his gray jeans and white top, with his muscles buffed up. I felt so proud walking beside him. But, the thought of not knowing where she stands in his life took that happiness away from her heart.

Suddenly, she felt empty.

She shook the thoughts away and tried to focused on just today and enjoyed it. Savour every moment with them.