Part 1- In the Beginning

There's something eerily suspicious about hearing a kettle boiling at two o'clock in the morning... even if it was me who'd set the water brewing. It's not my fault that I was craving tea at two am, let alone that our kettle is loud enough to effortlessly cut through the silence.

I tapped my sock encased feet on the kitchen tiles to the beat of an unknown tune as I leant up against the counter, my fingers tapping beside my mug and the milk in synchronisation with my toes. The kitchen is quite small, but large enough to house a small table and a full size fridge, so I can't really complain about it. Being me, I'd still be able to find something to complain about when concerning pretty much anything.

As I poured the water over the tea bag, the steam buffeted up towards my face, fogging up my glasses and making me splutter as I breathed in the water vapour. I sneezed twice before shaking my head and trying to breathe through my nose once again. My teaspoon bumped against the inside of my mug as I stirred the tea bag around before fishing it out of the tinted water. With a tilt of my foot, the bin was open, allowing me to drop the dead tea bag inside. I then filled the mug with milk and smiled at the full mug, bringing it up to my face to cradle it in my cold hands as I looked around the shadowy kitchen.

Where did she hide the Maltesers? I pondered to myself as I took a sip of my tea, scolding the roof of my mouth only slightly. I scuffed around the room, quietly opening cupboards in search of the little red packs. Whenever I drink tea, I have to eat Maltesers, because I used to do that when I got home from school, and the ritual sort of stuck. And I can't simply just have one packet either, they're just too addictive!

I eventually found them huddled inside the breadbin. I rolled my eyes and scoffed at my friend's attempts to hide these treats from me. She loves them too, but not as much as me, who will eat any Maltesers in sight within seconds. I grabbed two packets, shut the breadbin and then tiptoed my way through the lower rooms of our house to climb the stairs up to my bedroom.

My laptop glowed from the end of my bed, showing the angelic pathway to my bed through the ruckus of junk and clothes across my floor. I set my Maltesers and tea down amongst the toppling books on my bedside table, before slipping under the covers and squirming around a little to warm up my little den. I pulled my laptop towards me, sapping the heat from it as I placed it on my lap and began to scout through the internet for one website in particular. As I waited for the pages to load, I drank some of my tea and let Maltesers melt in my mouth, humming contently.

The red, black and white icon rested comfortably in the top left corner, welcoming me to my favourite site with a fond embrace: YouTube. It allows me to find out how some of my friends are doing, makes me laugh and intrigue me into pursuing something more.

At least they feel like friends. I've never actually met any of them, much to my distain.

I snorted to myself as I scowled at my screen. It's bloody irritating that I've never met them, especially as I've been watching YouTube videos for over two years now. It can really upset me at times, yet those people make me so much happier and more confident at the same time.

I found my most comforting playlist, which featured all of the 'Philisnotonfire' and 'AmazingDan' videos in one (that is, all of Danisnotonfire and AmazingPhil's collab videos). Dan and Phil are my favourite YouTubers, a view which I know I share with many people across the world. They're funny, charismatic, adorable and yet still have that slight nerdy edge which allows me to relate to them even a little bit. There were also the odd Charlieissocoollike, ItsWayPastMyBedTime and EmmaBlackery videos in the playlist, to name a few. I felt particularly close to these people, especially as I could relate to their vlogs. I was someone who'd be considered an 'amateur' vlogger, with approximately 26,000 subscribers, all gained under my own steam.

I made my way through the playlist, watching as my two heroes laughed at and teased each other; their brilliant laughs and jokes flittering through my headphones as I listened attentively, slurped tea and ate Maltesers.

Once the playlist was finished, I watched some other random videos, including all of the Troyler videos and some kickthestickz stuff, before I was too tired to bother searching for another video to watch. I yawned as I tidied my belongings away to free up space on my bed, patting the warm rectangle on my duvet that my laptop had left behind absent mindedly, thinking about how irritated I'd be by it in the summer, yet I almost welcomed its warmth now.

I then crossed the room to set my laptop down on my desk in the corner, ready for me to pick up again tomorrow. My eyes scanned my desk, glancing over my scattered belongings which were in various stages of destruction. Pen lids were chewed, pencil leads snapped, and lightly shredded post it notes with reminders on them were stuck to every and any surface. I peered at one post it in particular, which was at my eye level, pink in colour, and had red biro scratches on it, making it hard to read.

'9:30am: Mathew. Park'

"Oh, fuck," I spat, baring my teeth slightly. I'd forgotten that one of my best friends, called Mathew, had texted me earlier in the day asking me to meet him at the park, presumably at nine thirty. He wanted me to meet one of his old mates from school who had come up North to visit us.

I had no idea what made this friend of his so special, but Mathew and I have been friends for about three years now, after we'd met through other friends at a Halloween party. It was unusual for me that I'd made friends at a party, seeing as I was 100% not a party person, but that only made us closer friends, I liked to think.

I dropped my gaze from the note, seeing my camera positioned on its tripod to my right. The camera was calling to me to start reciting the script I'd written for my next video, which I was about three weeks late on uploading, taunting me even. I call myself 'RandomQuartz', by the way, because I'm random and I was once told that my birthstone is quartz by a scatter-brained gift shop assistant.

I returned to my bed, setting my alarm clock for nine before I removed my glasses and curled up under my thick duvet, which was very welcome to me over the duration of the nipping autumnal weather.

After having spent the past few hours laughing through my fingers at YouTube videos, I was slightly hyper, and definitely not ready to sleep. To help lull myself to sleep, I thought my way through a few of Dan and Phil's videos, helping me cement them amongst my brain. Sleep caught up with me soon after that, in time with me remembering their video about Friggin Delia Smith Pancakes. I smiled to myself as sleep called, tugging me into my cave of warmth and fantasised dreams, which I could only wish to become reality.

.-~*'¨¯¨'*·~-.¸--,.-~*'¨¯¨'*·~-.¸,.-~*'¨¯¨'*·~-.¸--,.-~*'¨¯¨'*·~-.¸.-~*'¨¯¨'*·~-.¸--,.-~*'¨¯¨'*·~-.¸.-~*'¨¯¨'*·~-.¸--,.-~*'¨

A/N: Hello everyone *waves*

Welcome to my first fanfic! :) I hope you like it enough not to throw stuff at me *goes and hides behind barricade of chairs and assorted furniture then sticks head out to talk again* and if you do like it, please let me know, with a comment and voting and all that stuff! *returns to hide*

Em >^-^<