part seventeen

Summary: "Get your shit," his father says. "And get out of this house."

"Gladly," Brendon says.
Disclaimer: Don't own the boys or the Bucks.

It's Monday, and Brendon is try his very hardest to go to school, he really is, but Ryan just won't let him. Okay, so the older boy isn't exactly obscuring his path to a higher education, but he is sprawled out on the bed, clad in only a tiny pair of blue boxers, white skin peeking out through the mess of sheets, winking, luring Brendon in.

"Fucking tease," Brendon mutters. He's standing there, with his right shoe stuck uncomfortably on his left foot, and his left shoe dangling limply in his hands. He is, to put it mildly, utterly enthralled. There is an angel in his bed; how the hell did he get so lucky?

"Shouldn't you be at school?" An amused voice chuckles from the doorway. Brendon jumps, dropping his shoe. He spins, tripping over the untied disaster on his feet, and lands with his face flat against the cold hardwood floor.

"That," Brendon says. "Sucked." He looks up, and Jon is watching him, lips buttoned tight to contain his amusement. Brendon scowls, and says, "Let it out, Walker." And Jon dissolves into his deep, warm laughter. "Asshole," Brendon mutters, clambering to his feet. "You are an asshole, Jon Walker."

"'Least I'm not a creepy sleep-watcher," Jon smirks.

"He's my boyfriend," Brendon reasons. "I'm allowed to watch."

"Watch what?" Spencer asks, coming up behind Jon. He wraps his arms around Jon's neck, resting his chin on the older man's shoulder.

"Ryan sleeping," Jon replies, kissing Spencer gently on the mouth.

"Well, that's just about precious enough to make you puke," Spencer smirks. Brendon looks at him incredulously.

"Do you not see yourselves?" He cries. "It's like fucking puppies and rainbows dropped a love nuke on you."

Ryan makes a disgruntled noise from the bed, and says, "Shut up. Some of us don't have to be at Starbucks in ten minutes to get their job back, right Jon?"

And Jon says, "Oh shit," and races out the door.

"And the rest of us don't need to be at school, like, now."

"I blame my tardiness on you," Brendon says. "You and your delicious half-naked body and impossible sexiness." Ryan sits up.

"Did you just call me sexy?" He says.

"Yes, I did."

"Go to school."

"Yes, dear," Brendon says, straightening in a mock salute. He hurries out the door, blowing Ryan a kiss on the way.

Ryan smiles, and calls after him, "Your shoes are on the wrong feet, moron." There's the sharp sound of breaking glass and a muffled cry of surprise.

"Sorry!" Brendon calls, and the door slams shut.

"That better not have been my good vase," Ryan mutters.

"It totally was," Spencer laughs, walking over to the bed. "You know it was."

"I know," Ryan sighs, relaxing back into the mattress. "Goddamn kid."

"You adore him," Spencer says, toeing off his shoes. "Can I?" He asks, and Ryan nods, making room in the bed for his best friend to crawl in. "Wait," Spencer says. "Have you and Brendon had sex in here?"

"No," Ryan says.

"Wow," Spencer says, sliding into the bed. He looks at Ryan. "Really?"

"He's a virgin," Ryan shrugs. "His first should be special, you know?"