Derek nodded. "Mom, can I take Stiles out for a bit? I'll be home by ten." He raised his eyebrows hopefully, waiting for his mother to answer. She stared at him for a few seconds with a smirk resting on her thin lips. "Mom, please?"

She laughed quietly. "I don't care. As long as you do the dishes when you get home."

"Done," Derek agreed, throwing on his leather jacket before leading Stiles out to his car.

+++

"We've been driving forever," Stiles complained from the passenger side of Derek's camaro.

"No, Stiles. We've been driving for ten minutes," Derek laughed, taking another turn. He was taking Stiles to his favorite coffee shop and then maybe they could watch the sunset or something. Yeah, he was a little bit of a stereotypical teenager. Oh well.

Stiles smirked beside him and nudged Derek's shoulder. "Hey, wait. Why don't we go on an adventure." Stiles wiggled his eyebrows, which made Derek laugh, but roll his eyes. "Please, Der? We can go find a tree and like, carve stuff into it. Not our initials though. That's so cliche. We can carve stupid things in it. It'll be funny. C'mon. Please?"

Derek laughed and shook his head. "How can I say no to that?" He could feel himself blushing and tried to keep his face turned away from Stiles. This was what he had been waiting for since he saw Stiles, and it was even better than he imagined. Now all Derek could think about was when he'd get to kiss him.

"You're the best!" Stiles gushed as Derek pulled into an empty field, right at the edge of the forest. They both climbed out, meeting up at the edge of the woods. Derek smiled, extending a hand, which Stiles accepted. Derek enter-twined their fingers, smiling at the warmth of Stiles' hand in his. He was happy, so he couldn't not smile. He had his dream guy standing next to him, holding his hand.

"How was your day?" Derek asked as they started through the trees, stepping over fallen logs and ducking under low branches. He tried to keep holding onto Stiles, but he was just so excited and he started to get a few steps ahead.

"You know how it is," Stiles replied with a shrug. "Scott was being a dick. He got pissed at me for saying I didn't think his girlfriend was all that hot. Like, she's pretty and all, but I don't think she's that great. He had a whole big fit about it and told me to leave, so I did. And I was bored, so that's when I showed up at your house." Stiles stopped and waited for Derek to catch up, latching onto his wrist with his long fingers. "I don't want to think about Scott though. I know the perfect place," he mumbled, dragging Derek along past trees and bushes.

They walked a few more minutes in silence until they broke through a line of trees into a large clearing with a small pond. The sun was setting, and it looked beautiful. Derek wished he could just hold Stiles in his arms and kiss him for hours, because that would be perfect.

"Stiles, this is--"

"Amazing?" Stiles finished, eyes finding Derek's. Derek could only nod, mesmerized by the smile on Stiles' face. Derek couldn't help but stare with his mouth hanging open, because right now, Stiles looked more beautiful than the sunset did. "I used to come here with my mom," Stiles half whispered, his expression of awe changing into something still beautiful, but with a touch of sadness. "Every Sunday, we'd go on a walk and come here, watch the sunset. It was my favorite thing to do."

Derek had no idea what to say. So instead, he reached for the boy and pulled his small body against his own. Stiles didn't react at first. He was tense in Derek's arms, unsure of what to do, but then he relaxed into the embrace and let his arms wrap around Derek's waist. Stiles' forehead fell against Derek's shoulder as he sighed. They stood that way for a while.

"Do you wanna carve stupid stuff into that tree over there?" Derek asked finally, after what seemed like forever.

Stiles pried himself from Derek's body and laughed, rolling his eyes. "Of course I do."

Derek smiled big and grabbed Stiles' wrist, dragging the boy over to a large tree near the edge of the clearing .

+++

Derek took Stiles home, since it was late and Stiles was too tired to drive, but promised to pick him up for school tomorrow. Stiles gave Derek a goodbye hug, and them they parted their own ways.

Derek almost didn't want to go inside, because he knew his sisters would be nosy little brats about it and want to know every little detail. But, he did anyways.

"Derek! How'd your date go?" Cora squealed from her seat on the couch, smiling up at Derek. She wiggled around in attempt to get up, which annoyed her dad, so he pushed her back down gently. She huffed, but didn't try to get back up. "Did you kiss him?" she asked.

"Cora, shut up. That's none of your business," Laura snapped, which Derek was grateful for. He shook his head and continued walking to his room. He didn't feel like explaining anything to his sisters. He really just wanted to go to sleep, wanted it to be tomorrow so he could see Stiles again. 

Derek fell into his bed with a large sigh, smashing a pillow over his head. No sooner than he started to drift off, someone opened his door and stepped in, shutting it softly behind them. "I'm trying to sleep," Derek stated, assuming the visitor was one of his nosy sisters. 

"I just wanted to talk," his mother said, which surprised Derek, so he sat up in bed and looked at her. She was smiling half way and looked tired, but still beautiful. Derek thought his mom always looked beautiful. 

"What do you want to know?" Derek asked quietly, watching as she shuffled over to his bed and sat down. He was sure she wanted to talk about Stiles, and he wasn't wrong. 

She smiled bigger, placing a hand on Derek's thigh. "Stiles is a nice boy," she stated. "Are you two serious?" She didn't seem upset or angry, just curious. Any mother would act this way, considering Stiles was the first person Derek was involved with. At least that's what his mom thought. He never told her about the two other relationships he had, one being just a hook-up and the other lasting three months but ended badly.

"We're not even dating, mom. We're just going to the dance together on Saturday and maybe we hang out sometimes. We're not serious though."

His mother smiled and leaned forward to kiss his forehead. "I know you've liked this boy a while. Don't worry. I'm sure he'll come around." She squeezed his hand and stood up, waving as she walked out of his room. 

Derek sighed as the door shut behind her, muttering an, "I hope so." 

A/N: Okay, so this chapter might suck, sorry. I'm trying really hard to get these chapters updated but I've been so busy lately. BUT GOOD NEWS, band season is over in November, so when that's done I should be able to write more. AND YOU HAVE TO WATCH THE GIF I ADDED ITS SO CUTE OKAY