Chapter 2...

"Malfoy! Malfoy! Malfoy!" the chanting of his family's last could be heard from outside the trailer that his father lived in. His father must be watching his previous races which he did when he was in a bad mood. Draco pulled up next to his father's rusty pickup truck, the motorcycle lights placing it on spot light for only a moment before Draco turned the machine off. The pickup truck held a special place in his father's heart for it was his mother's.

Draco's mother apparently was a beautiful woman but Draco never remembered her for she had disappeared when Draco was only three. It's a funny story how his parents met and it always brought tears to Draco's eyes. It was the Halloween fair in Whiteshire, where they lived, that they met. Draco's father, Lucius Malfoy, was working at one of the gaming booths which consisted of throwing balls at six cups stacked like a pyramid on top of each other. Draco's mother, Narcissa Black, was with her two sisters and their friends when they came across his father's booth. Draco could remember how his father described his mother when he first met her. It was the fall of 1978.

Lucius stood in his cool little booth as a knight in shining armor, colorful leaves falling down around him. At least that was what his boss said he looked like but Lucius was not feeling it. Ever since the fair opened, he has had to deal with two wining little seven year olds who both had wicked arms but could not hit the cups. The children begged their mothers who looked similar who in turn actually had the never to beg AND FLIRT, none the less, with him to get their children to have a free turn! He heard none of it and repeatedly asked for them to pay fifty cents. Then he had to deal with a pack of wild teenagers who thought it would be fun to try and hit him with the ball instead of the cups. He tried to deal with them like the mature and responsible adult he was but they would not listen. It wasn't until he threatened to call the cops did they actually stop and go on to pester the next unfortunate booth holder.

Lucius sighed as he watched more people pass his booth without a second look. His father was right, Lucius thought, he was just wasting his time but Lucius wanted to learn how to make his own money instead of inheriting it.

Suddenly, he heard a girlish giggle with caught his attention. His grey eyes searched the crowd passing by until he found a pack of girls, all around his age, standing next to the ice cream stand. The first girl he saw was dressed as a medieval peasant with a spin. She wore a dark brown skirt which flowed to her feet, hiding them. Her shirt was a white cotton blouse and on top of that was an emerald green corset vest. He smiled when he saw her wand sticking out slightly out of her side sleeve. Her hair was a bright blonde with a dyed black stripe down the side nearest her face. She wore very little makeup that Lucius liked a lot for most girls wore a lot of makeup. He found he was entranced with her beauty as if she had put a spell under him. The other girls though were no interest to him for all he could see was a blur on everybody except for hers.

"Excuse me!" Lucius could hear a man begin to get angry with him but he did not care. He was too busy watching every move that the blonde made, "Sir!" At last the man left, a crying ten year old by his side, and Lucius sighed.

Lucius watched as one of the blurred girls leaned over and whispered to the blonde girl. She stiffened and slowly turned around, her sparkling sapphire eyes connected with his. He watched as she smiled brightly and she began to walk toward him.

Oh shit, oh shit, oh shirt, he repeated in his mind and his eyes widened as he watched her get closer.

"Hello," she said as she came up to the counter.

"Uh...," he was completely lost for words which caused her to giggle slightly.

"Here's fifty cents," she handed him the money but he was frozen to the spot. She giggled again and placed the money on the table, "Could I have a go?" He moved on autopilot, handing her five wooden balls which she took with a quick thanks. Her eyes moved away from him and to the cups behind him. She lifted her arm and swung in an underhand position and... missed. Her eyes were filled with that childish sadness that people got with this game when they did miss. Lucius watched as she picked up another ball and threw it again. It hit the cup on the far right causing the top and the cups on the second level to collapse and fall to the ground, "Yes," he heard her whisper in victory. She picked up another ball but paused and looked at him, "I'm Narcissa, by the way. Narcissa Black."

"Uh...," he found he could not speak, "I... uh..."

She chuckled and threw the next ball and knocked on more cup off leaving her with one standing in the middle of the raised platform, "So, why do you work here?"

"I... ummm," he tried to form words but nothing was coming out.

She threw the next ball and miss completely and Lucius wondered if she purposefully missed. She looked back at him, "You're not much of a talker are you?"

"No," he finally got one word out!

"Wow!" she looked at him in mock surprise, "He talks!" and she threw the last one. He watched as it hit the one standing in the middle perfectly and it fell to the ground. Lucius walked toward her, now with a medium sized stuffed emerald snake in his hands. He handed it to her and he was rewarded with a smile, "Are you sure you won't give me your name?"

"Lucius M-Malfoy," he finally got out and she smiled brightly, her teeth a bright white.

"Well, it's a pleasure to meet you, Mr. Malfoy," she said and turned on one heel and walked back to her giggling companions.

Later that night as Lucius was closing his booth, when he suddenly heard the sound of pickup truck from behind him. He looked up from what he was doing and saw two headlights coming toward him. They came to a stop in front of his booth and he tried to see who it was behind the wheel but the lights were too bright. He heard the sound of the driver side door open and the lights dimmed. Standing in the door frame was Narcissa, a huge smile on her face.

"Hello, Lucius," she said, a knowing glint in her eyes.

"Nar-Nar-Narcissa," he said and he smiled at her.

"You are probably wondering what I am doing here, aren't you?" it was his silence that answered her question, "Well, I was with my sisters and our friends but I was bored so I thought I would come and see you. I thought we could go in my truck and just drive," the way she said her plan was as if she was planning her future and in a way she was, "How does that sound?"

"I, umm," he so badly wanted to tell her everything but his words were frozen.

Narcissa came down from her pedestal and walked over to him, "You don't know how to flirt do you?" She stood before him, the headlights behind her, and Lucius thought that she looked like an angel coming down from heaven.

"Not really," Lucius admitted.

Narcissa chuckled and threw her arms around his neck, startling him slightly, "Well, how about we start with this? Grow some confidence in you," and her lips touched his.

At first, Lucius refused to respond and tried to push her away but she was persistent. Finally, Lucius gave in and responded eagerly to her lips, his hands latching themselves onto her hips.

Draco remembered how gross out he was when he was younger when his father's described, in spite of himself, the first kiss his parent's shared. Now, he felt only jealousy for what they had and sadness for how long they had together which was less than five years.

Draco gently touched the rusty dark blue pickup truck as he walked past it and up the molding wooden steps. His mind raced with the possibilities of how his father would act about his only son coming home late. Draco reached into his pocket and pulled out his keys, his hands still shaking from his encounter earlier and he wasn't feeling good either. Finding the right key, he inserted it into the lock and his eyes widened when he noticed the door was open. He opened the door and dropped the keys into the dish that lay near the door.

"Father?" he asked as he walked into the living room. He sighed in relief when he saw his father on the sofa sound asleep. Draco walked over to the only source of light in the room, their huge flat screen TV, and turned it off leaving the house in darkness. He turned back to his aging father and picked up the quilt his mother made from behind the couch and placed it over Lucius' body. Draco then walked silently back to his bedroom.

His room was dark as he entered it but he didn't care. He sat down on his bed and took his leather jacket off, hissing with pain from his sore muscles. He then followed with taking off his jeans which fell to the floor on top of his jacket. He was left only wearing his boxers which he didn't have the energy to change for he fell back on his bed, completely and utterly fast asleep.