Ten

Luke sat on Michael's lap and waited for him to speak. Luke watched as his eyes fluttered shut and his lips parted letting out a puff of air before squeezing the soft skin on his hips.

"I'm sorry it's taking me forever." Michael muttered, leaning forward to rest his head on Luke's chest.

Luke pressed a kiss to the top of his head, "It's okay, Mikey."

"No it's not. I don't deserve you if I can't even tell you how I feel without having to prepare myself." Michael gripped the blond boys shirt, looking up at him with sadness clouding his eyes. The constant struggle of not being enough or able to love Luke the way he needs to be still haunts him.

"Shh, babe." Luke calmly shushed, "You're everything I'll ever need. We've been through so much together for us to end our trying right here. We deserve each other, no one else."

"It's too soon." Michael tried backing out again, his fears crawling back up into his mind.

"Don't you dare. I will sit here until you tell me." Luke wiggled around on Michael lap to situate himself, loosely hanging his arms around Michael's neck.

"You'd be fine without. It's better off this way." Michael tried again, maybe he was a coward or maybe he's just afraid of losing the one person that means more to him than anyone else ever will. If he never has him, he can never lose him.

"There's 365 days, 8,760 hours, and 525,600 minutes in a year. It would be a tragedy if I couldn't spend all of them with you." Luke said sincerely, pulling Michael's chin up to look him in the eye.

"Luke..."

"Tell me how much you love me." Luke prodded, knowing if he didn't push Michael to say anything he'd never hear it. "I want to know what you were planning to say."

Michael took in a deep breath. Green eyes meeting blue, and he knew it would be alright. "I love you like an Ed Sheeran song on a rainy day, when you're wrapped up in blanket and curled up into my side. When I feel my whole world crumbling down, but you're there to build it back up. Your giggles, like nothing could make you unhappy in that moment, your eyes crinkling and eyes sparkling with life. My love for you is indescribable, but here I am trying to explain it."

Luke sat there with a toothy grin.

"Luke Hemmings, I love your morning cuddles. Your drool on my chest. Your godawful morning breath. I love your flat hair and your constant whining about never getting it right. I love your kindhearted soul, even if you're having the worst day possible you'll do anything to cheer someone else up. I love the way you look at the world and try to make the best of if. I love how at one point in our lives we hated each other, absolutely despising one another because you were dared to kiss me on the second day back to school. We all know it was the beginning of something great." Michael wiped away a stray tear, holding back all his pent up emotions. "Most importantly, I love you."

"God, I love you too, so much." Luke mumbled. Leaning down to capture Michael's lips in a kiss.

"Be mine." Michael asked in between kisses, pecking Luke's lips repeatedly. He wants to remember every kiss he'll share with his blond beauty.

"I wouldn't want it any other way."

////

it's overrrrrr

sorry it took so long for this chapter, I rewrote it so many times and now I'm content with how it turned out.

Thanks for sticking around and reading this mess of a story.

I also uploaded another story I'll be starting soon called Forever and Always so go check that out.

love you guys<3