Seven

Michael grabbed Luke by the hand and walked aimlessly down the quiet streets of Cleveland. It was half past eleven and even in the city you could still manage to see the stars in the sky. They were all exhausted after their long journey to their destination, as always Luke stayed close to Michael side in the bus. Although they only shared a few words they knew what the other was thinking of.

Each other.

"Can I ask you something, Mikey?" Michael hummed in response, looking at the blond next to him. He waited for him to figure out how to word his sentence in his head, something Michael knew he did when he was nervous. "Where-Where do you see yourself in ten years?"

Michael stopped walking, his eyebrows furrowing in confusion. "What do you mean?"

"Anything! Things you want to accomplish, to have, someone to share it with..."

"I guess I want to still be making music. I dream of our band making it till we're thirty years old, still rocking out." Michael answered honestly, he didn't know what answer Luke wanted out of him because by the way his face fell he knew it wasn't the right one.

"Ashton talks of having a family by then... Wouldn't you like that as well?" Luke looked away quickly finding the pavement beneath his feet way more intriguing.

"I can't have that..." Michael mumbled, scuffing his shoe whilst kicking a pebble towards a brick wall. They started walking back to the bus to get a good nights rest before their next show in the morning.

"Why can't you have that? You could have a little Michael running around getting into so much trouble. Even if we were still a band we could have our wives tour with us," Michael flinched at words and stayed quiet. Luke would find a pretty girl and marry her. He'd give her the world, and maybe have a few kids, something Michael strives to give Luke everyday but he still comes up empty handed.

"I can't-I can't have a little Michael running around. It's not possible when guys can't get pregnant..." Michael's voice cracked and Luke froze taking in his words.

"Shit! Michael I forgot... I didn't mean it like that..."

Michael shrugged, masking away the hurt on his face. He acted like it meant nothing when really stung more than anything. "No, no, it's fine." Michael lied, "I don't normally say anything about it, so one of you guys were bound to forget about it. I just didn't expect you to be the one..."

Luke latched onto Michael's arm, clinging to him with all his strength as he tried to continue to walk away. "Mikey, you know I'm sorry..."

"I know. Please just let it go. I don't want to talk about it."

Luke solemnly nodded, he laced his fingers through Michael's gripping his hand while they wondered the empty streets alone. They were almost back to the bus, but Luke felt safe when there was any form of contact with Michael.

"Can I tell you a secret?" Luke whispered, resting his head against Michael's shoulder.

"A secret? I thought I knew everything about you Luke?" Michael joked, grinning at the boy beside him.

"Ashton was a little tipsy, but he told me he and Calum made a bet about us dating within the next few months..."

"That son of a b-" Michael was cut off by Luke hand covering his mouth. Luke was close, so close Michael could feel his warm breath blowing across his cheek.

"Don't swear," Luke muttered, before removing his hand from Michael's mouth and leaving a chaste kiss to his cheek. "But do you think it would happen? Us? Finally dating?" Luke's voice was filled with hope. It was the first time that he has brought the subject up on his own since they realized their feelings for one another long ago.

They were finally back at the bus, though they didn't dare to go inside yet. Michael rested the palm of his hand gently on the side of Luke's face, he involuntary leaned into the gentle touch his eyelids fluttering shut with a peaceful sigh escaping his lips.
"Michael?" Luke questioned again when he didn't answer.

"Hmmm?" He hummed, caressing Luke's cheek. The faint color of pink visible underneath the street lights. "I don't know, I can't help but tell myself you deserve better than me."

"I want nothing but you. Why can't you understand that?"

"Luke..." Michael wrapped his arms around Luke's waist pulling his flush against him. "You know it's complicated."

"I like complicated." He giggled, resting his forehead against Michael's.

////

I'm excited to write the rest of this book. I'm hope you're all enjoying it<3