Don't show fear

''Are we partying?'

Willow reads Camila's text as she drives towards the clubhouse and bites her lip. She looks up and smiles at the line of bikes ahead of her, riding two wide on the road.

'Not tonight. We've got the entire summer. I'll be at the clubhouse.'

She knows Camila will likely throw a fit about her being at the club on the night after graduation, but she's got no desire to go hang out with gangbangers and older men that leer at her. All she really wants to do is have a couple drinks with her rowdy extended family, laugh as they bicker and fight, then get a ride home and curl up with her sister. She wants to be with the club tonight and, as much as she doesn't want to admit it, she wants to be with the man at the end of the line of motorcycles, the only one not in a kutte.

"Someone get the graduate a beer!" Ellie yells, ushering her in, beaming. The club is already partying. Tig and Rat are fighting about Los Angeles in one corner, while everyone else takes shots and plays pool. Willow sits on the bar, drinking and swinging her legs, watching and laughing.

"Told you." Abel says smugly, leaning on the bar next to her and rummaging through the half empty alcohol bottles before producing a mostly full one with a triumphant smile. Willow finds them two shot glasses and sets them before him.

"Told me what?" She asks, grinning, stupid happy from the alcohol.

"That it was pointless to worry." He reminds her and she pushes him with one hand, giggling.

"I grew up in the club, you didn't. You had no idea of how they would react!" She protests and he laughs.

"I'm a man, aren't I?" He points out and she gives a dainty little shrug.

"Can this man hold his alcohol?" She teases, gesturing for him to pour into the shot glasses. He does as told, frowning in concentration. He holds it up triumphantly, filled to the brim. They clink glasses and down the shots. Despite her best intentions, Willow gags.

"What kind of shit is this?" Abel demands, wheezing.

"Oh, I think I'm gonna be sick." Willow complains.

"I gotta get air." Abel says and Willow nods, nearly falling off the counter. Abel catches her arm and guides her out the door. They sit at the picnic table, gasping the cool night air in. Willow feels some of the haze clear and she leans back, smiling up at the night sky.

"I haven't been this drunk in a long time." She admits and he laughs slightly, tilting his head back as well.

"Enjoy the stars here. You can't see them as well in L.A." He tells her and she looks at him curiously.

"What do you know about L.A?" She asks and he gives her a quick look.

"I'm gonna pee." He says, standing up and rounding the corner. Willow leans her chin on her interlaced fingers, staring at the stars. She jumps when someone places a hand on her shoulder.

"I didn't mean to scare you." Nick says, taking a step back and she shakes her head, making the world spin.

"Just thinking." She says, rubbing her temples.

"Don't think too much." Nick mutters and she looks at him, confused, before his hand is over her mouth and she can't breathe.

Her first instinct is to sit up and she tries to do so, but there is a heavy weight pressing down on her chest. She remains still, trying to breathe. She momentarily panics, thinking she's gone blind, before her other senses take over, alerting her to the fabric pressing into her face. She keeps breathing, trying to figure everything out, still groggy.