My plan didn't work out so well, though. After everyone left, she stayed awake visiting with Sean and Milly, while they answered her questions. Some were about religion, and how a coven proclaiming to worship deities of Christianity reconciled itself with using pagan rituals; but most of her questions were about me.

The discussion was tabled for in the morning and it was decided that Portia would spend the night here at Milly's. I found myself ducking behind the corner of the house when Sean left. My bike was still parked down on the corner, but apparently, he didn't notice it.

The guest bedroom light flipped on and I waited several minutes after it went dark again to stealthily approach. Sliding behind the bushes, I lightly tapped against the glass.

I waited. When she didn't appear, I knocked again. Her heart rate suddenly shot higher and I could hear her moving about. I didn't want to show my face in the window, or speak into her mind; knowing both would likely make her scream, bringing Milly racing in to check on her.

The window slid open and she stuck her head out. Quickly, I clamped my hand against her mouth, holding the back of her head with the other as she stiffened.

"Don't be scared. It's just me," I hurriedly whispered, feeling her instantly relax and I removed my hands.

Her breaths came in quick gasps. "Are you trying to give me a heart attack?" She placed her hand against her chest.

I laughed, allowing my gaze to run over her sexy figure. "Not really. Though I can understand how you may have come to that conclusion."

"What're you doing here, Vance?"

"I came to see if you'd like to go for a ride with me." I knew exactly where I wanted to take her; and it was a place where we wouldn't have to worry about any interruptions.

She hesitated for only a second before making up her mind. "Yes, I would. But I need to get some pants on real quick."

"That might be beneficial," I replied, silently wishing I could see more of the figure that was disappearing into the shadows behind her. "I'll wait here." I folded my arms as I leaned against the wall.

My thoughts ran rampant as I listen to the soft rustle of clothing moving against her skin. I couldn't help but imagine her taking them off instead of putting them on. It was a relief when she swung her legs through the window and she allowed me to help her slide to the ground. I loved touching her.

Taking her hand, I led her down the street toward my bike. I noticed she was rubbing her bare arms.

"Maybe I should've grabbed a sweater," she said, her teeth chattering slightly. I berated myself for not telling her she should wear something heavier than a tank top.

I slid out of my leather jacket and placed it around her shoulders. She didn't refuse it, immediately slipping her arms inside.

"Thanks, but what about you?"

She obviously didn't realize there was enough warmth inside of me to heat this entire city. "I'll be fine," I replied, enjoying her concern and giving her a smile followed by a wink. "If I get cold, you can keep me warm."

Even in the pale moonlight, I could see the blush spreading across her face. Her pulse accelerated even more and worried thoughts about what I might expect from her crossed her mind.

"I'm only kidding, Portia," I added with a chuckle, mounting the motorcycle and handing her my helmet. "You remember the drill?"

She nodded and put it on, needing my help with the chinstrap again. I happily helped her, loving any excuse to brush my fingers against her cool skin.