Ghosts

Next couple of days, I laid in bed recovering and haven't seen Adam that often as I would have liked. One night I couldn't sleep and walk out of the room, and down the stairs. Walking outside into the forest. Listening to all the bugs and animals making noises. Seeing lightning bugs fly around lazily.

Walking over to a tree, climbing it carefully. I made myself comfortable on a branch, looking up at the stars. I heard whine done below me and seeing Ren. I smiled at him and he just laid down against the tree. Going back to the stars, wondering if my parents and friends were up there watching me. Sighing, climbing back down the tree when I heard someone whisper my name.

Looking into the forest, I heard it again. "Mom..." It couldn't be. Following her soft voice into the forest. Walking and walking, until I would found her. It then disappeared, looking around a little. Realizing I was now lost. Ren, I was glad followed me, he sat down next to my feet. I decided to climb a tree. Making myself comfortable on a different tree and branch. I fell asleep.

Waking up to barking underneath me, looking down it was Ren. He was going around in circles, so I decided to come down. I jumped down, landing in a crouching pose. Looking around I realized it was completely silent.

Wondering where all the sound went when suddenly I saw balls of mist fly past me. Watching as they danced around when they began to shape into something. Closely watching them, I realized what now stood in front of me were my parents.

My mouth dropped open, "It can't be them..." I whispered to myself.

Taking a step forward, and they just kept smiling at me. "Hello, my baby girl." My mother said, holding a hand out.

"Mom..." I said, about to break out in tears. They began to walk away in the other direction and I walked after them.

"Mom, Dad... Wait for me!" I began to run after them. Following them into some type of valley. When they stopped and I saw tons of misted figures standing next to them. They were all from my ship, the crewmates, and my friends. Staring at them with sorrow.

That's when a sudden they all began to ask so many questions. Going in circles trying to listen to each one of them. "Why did you leave us? Why couldn't you have tried to save us? Did you set the fire?" There were too many.

Collapsing on the ground, covering my hands with my ears. "Stop!!!" I screamed out.

I felt arms wrap around me and seeing Adam with his bright blue eyes. I saw that his mouth was moving. I knew he was trying to talk to me, just shaking my head. Placing my head on my knees, trying to forget everything. I could feel the tears starting to roll down my face.

Suddenly, I was being lifted up into someone's arms. Being carried away from those horrible voices. The farther he carried me away from the valley the voices began to disappear. I had my arms wrapped around his neck, I buried my head into his chest.

As the tears ran down my face when I heard the groan of steps. A door opening and being sat down on the bed. As soon as he sat me down, I went into a fetal position against the wall, sitting on the bed. Staring at the wall across the room, as my tears still ran down my face. When I felt Adam pull his hands into mine, making me look at him.

"Clara... you need to stop thinking about what the mists said. None of it was true, they were just trying to trick you. I promise..." He then wrapped his arms around me, giving me a hug. I just stared at the wall as he did. I then looked over at him, "I can't get them out of my head, they asked so many questions. I failed them... I couldn't save them..." I whispered, burying my head in his chest. "Shhh... It's okay..." He rubbed my back, as I started to fall asleep in his arms.