Help

I woke up to the sound of someone walking across the floor, and I then felt a hand on my forehead. I was shivering, I could hear my teeth chattering. "Damn... Clara, can you hear me?" I heard Adam ask. 

I moaned, twisting in the hot blankets. "Clara, you need to stay under the blankets you are freezing." 

I almost wanted to yell at him but, I didn't I just moaned in pain. Twisting and turning, pulling the blankets around me. Trying to fight off the pain of the fever. 

I heard Adam, walk around in the room. Then I felt a wet cloth on my forehead. I finally relaxed, and I felt Adam start to run his hands through my hair. I panicked and flinched away hitting a wall.

Opening my eyes, staring into his blue ones. "Clara, please you really need to calm down. I'm just trying to help you. The scratch on your stomach, it's infected and it's causing you to have a fever." Adam explained to me.

I just stared at him, his hand went to my forehead to replace the cloth. But I grabbed his hand, taking it in mine. Whispering, "Please... Help... m-me..." Then I passed out again.

I went in and out of consciousness when I had the fever. I could hear Adam helping me, and talking to me. I heard him telling me how I was improving. I could feel my body start to get better. I didn't know how many days I was out for. I finally woke up one morning to birds chirping and the sun in my eyes.

Groaning I went to my side, opening my eyes. Looking around, Adam's room was cozy and it didn't have much furniture. Sitting up and trying to stand up. I stood up, reaching out for the wall for support. 

Slowly walking to the door, and looking out. Stairs were leading downstairs, slowly taking each step carefully. Making it safely without falling on my ass. I held onto the railing looking around, I heard someone in the kitchen it looked like.

Shuffling toward the sound, I saw Adam his back was to me. Suddenly, I felt something rub up against my leg making me jump and fall to the ground with a thud. "What the hell?" I said.

Looking behind me to see Ren, smiling I petted his head. That's when I felt a hand on my shoulder and breathing on my neck. "Are you okay?" Adam asked.

Nodding, he helped me up. "Thanks for saving me and all," I said, shyly.

"It was nothing, would you like something to eat?" He asked. As soon as he said eat, my stomach growled. We just stared at each other, and we burst out with laughter. I walked over to a stool, as he went around the table getting food ready.

"Adam, where are we?" I asked, with a shiver running down my back. He stopped what he was doing, and looked me in the eyes. "I don't know, somewhere on the coast of Africa." He explained. 

I just nodded my head, not knowing if I should trust him or not just yet. He did save my life after all. That's when I heard a bark, and it was Ren. Standing up, I hugged him. "How did you get here?" I asked him, he then licked my face. 

"I found him outside the tree house, and he wouldn't leave. And finally he snuck in and I saw him laying next to you. So I assumed he was your pet." I laughed, petting him some more. 

"Here is some food." Adam sat down a plate. It had pieces of fresh bread and fruit. Starving, I ate it in two minutes flat.

"Thank you for the food. But I better get going." I said, not wanting to have him take care of me. He stopped what he was doing, and stared at me. "Where will you go?" 

I shrugged my shoulders, "I will find a place and set up a little camp, I guess." I said, walking to the door. 

When he ran past me, blocking the door. I heard Ren growl protectively at Adam. Adam looked down at him. "You can't!" He said.

 Looking at him, and crossing my arms over my chest. Realizing my shirt was torn up, and so were my pants. Also, that my shoes were gone. "And why not?" I said. 

He then looked down shyly, "Because you're the first person that I have seen in two years." I stared at him shocked. 

"Wow..." I said. 

I just stared into his bright blue eyes. Taking a step forward I tapped him on the shoulder. "I need some air..." 

He let me go. I ran down the stairs leading to the ground. When I hit the ground, I began to run. Feeling Ren beside me, running alongside me. Tears beginning to run down my face, making my vision blurry. 

Finally, collapsing next to a waterfall. Going to my knees, and staring into my red, puffy green eyes. My hair probably looked crazy, from the wind. Sitting there staring at myself, when I heard a gunshot nearby. Jumping up, I looked around. I heard Ren bark and start to growl. Slowly walking to where I heard the gunshot, crouching and hiding in the bushes.