14: 'Harvey's' -Tris

TRIS-

The warm water calms my nerves as I sink deeper into the bath. The aromatic smell of lavender oil dances through the steam giving the tiled room a fresh and crisp smell - like spring air.

As the last of the suds rinse out of my hair, I climb out and dry off with one of the large fuzzy towels that hang on the back of the bathroom door before pulling on the red dress that was laid out on my bed. To accompany the dress I have a pair of black, ridiculously uncomfortable, open-toed booty heels and a leather jacket.

Once my hair is dry I curl it tightly and tie half of it up in a bun on the top of my head. A little black eyeliner, mascara and some pomegranate lip-stain are all I need to complete the look and I'm ready for the evening.

I grab my bag from off the dresser and scoop up my phone from the floor before scampering down the stairs, flying past a grumpy Caleb, slamming the door behind me and making the short walk to Harvey's.

~

Harvey's is the only bar in our town, owned by Harvey Collins Jr., inherited from Harvey Collins Sr.. They're rather terrible at checking id's but are friendly with the local police chief so tend to get away with allowing one or two- okay maybe a dozen or so minors in. As long as there's no trouble.

My parents were good friends with Harvey when they were in college, so when Caleb moved us to this crappie title town in the back-arse of nowhere, Harvey offered me a waitress in job. And then when his bartender went off to the city, he let me take over.

So here I am, pouring the police chief's third glass bourbon as he asked me how school was going.

And then, from across the room I spy Peter. Seemingly dazed amongst the crowd.

Bingo.

"Hey Peter you gotta order or get out! Don't need anymore furniture filling up the place!"

~

It's almost two o'clock in the morning and Peter is drunk out of his mind. Harvey has just called final orders at the bar so I sat him in the corner until I was done tidying up. Because Caleb's such a jackass, I decided to bring him back to mine.

I stumble clumsily down the streets with a drunken Peter slung over my shoulders as he mumbles incoherent nonsense and chants the lyrics to random songs.

"Okay, here we go," I gently coax him up the stairs and through the hallway.

He stumbles clumsily into my room, mutters nonsense whilst trying to take his shirt off and flops onto the bed - or at least that's what he tried to do because he misses the bed completely and flops down onto the floor and starts to snore immediately.

A/N

It's gonna be another update filled day... Glad to say my exams are over so more frequent updates will be happening!