Chapter 1: Fresh Out

Ahayah

Its been 2 years since the last time I seen Jamaica. 3 years since the police took me away in handcuffs. I got arrested for murder and attempted murder... Patience and Winter died but Romeo didn't. When he recovered from 2 gun wounds in the stomach and 1 in the shoulder, he came to every court date and he had camera's around the house. The police saw everything but they kept me 2 years more cause I didn't let anyone know of what happened. I deserved that.

But I spent 3 years in prison. 3!!! Me! Ahayah Hughes!! And guess how many visits and phone calls I got from Jamaica....... 2 the first year and then she broke up with me! What happened to all that I love you bullshit? What happened to it?! Now I'm hearing that she done uped and started a fuckin family! That was supposed to be me! I was played....AGAIN!

"Hey Blue." I mumbled as I got into her Baby blue Hummer. Yea y'all remember Blue don't you? Jamaica best friend. Yea this the one who came to get me because my family else where with their lives. Blue visited me, sent me money, and even let me see Goddess. Thats a friend right there.

"Wussup sis? How you been?" She asked pulling away from the prison. I shook my head and mugged. "I can't believe Jamaica and my family did me like that! They all told me they love me but where are they?! I can't believe I was a fool for another dumb ass person!" I was getting mad asf. I started punching my fist and the dash board. While my mind went blank.

"Don't get yourself worked up sis. You good. I got you plus you got money in the bank you good forever. All your stuff in the condo I got you. Yeen gotta ever worry as long as I'm living." Blue reassured me. I sat back and calmed down. I'm surprised I ain't crying. I usually would've been boo hoo crying. All on my knees and shit buuuuut naw I learned to not be soft in jail. I guess you can say I grew up.

Blue soon pulled up to the condo she got me and I was in awe. It was more like a house! It was made of pure glass and brick here and there. A lake view in the backyard and it was suitable for just me and my future to be family. Blue turned the car off and we went in being screamed at by family and friends.

A huge 'WELCOME HOME' sign hanging across the entrance. I smiled and hugged everyone who approached me. My best friend, God daughter, everybody was here except my sister, niece, and my parents. And lord I happened to look in the corner and spot Jamaica. She was standing there with a brown skinned girl who's belly looked like it was about to pop. They both looked my way and I hurried and averted my gaze elsewhere.

And just my luck Jamaica made her way over to me. I stood there frozen not knowing whether to look away or just sit here. "Well hello Ahayah. Long time no see." She said extending her arms for a hug. "Jamaica." Was what I replied before I walked past her and made my way upstairs.

I ran my hands over all my sophisticated looking clothes and got mad. I snatched everything down I found a basket and started piling everything in it. Ain't no damn sophisticated quiet Ahayah no more. I'm different now. This edge I got to me gone knock a dent in a paved road. Ill be damned if I be that dumb ass I once was.

As soon as I had about 5 baskets full of clothes I started slinging them down the stairs. Ion care who I hit. Hopefully I hit Jamaica no good ass. "Sis you good?! Why you throwing baskets of clothes??" Blue asked making her way up the stairs. "Ion want shit from the past!! All this shit gotta go! As a matter of a fact tell everybody to get the fuck out! I got shit to do!" I screamed looking like a mad woman. "Alright sis I gotchu. You need me?" "Yes Blue hurry and help I gotta get rid of this bullshit." I told her.

After I finished talking she went on about her way making everybody exit. I put my head down one second and noticed a pair of fresh blue and gray Nike air Max's. I threw my head up and was standing in front of Jamaica stupid ass. "May I help you homeboy?" I asked giving mad attitude. "I just wanted to talk Ahayah I ain't here to start problems." She said tryna get sympathy. I rolled my eyes.