•nine•

Rezor Head Quarters, London:

"Ms. Gilté, Benedict Alfonso has proclaimed that you purposefully missed our meeting. Not only has he conveyed that serious consequences will follow your actions. But - "

Lilith raised her hand in confidence. "Look," she said sharply, "I have the freedom to do whatever I want, and there is no conformation sheet that I signed that says I can't miss a meeting or two."

The council stayed quiet, but Benedict shot up from his seat in the middle of the meeting room. "Well I won't tolerate you missing my shoots, Lilith, so consider me done with your little horseplay!"

He stormed out of the room, but instead of feeling guilty and burdened, Lilith felt completely relieved. She smiled without meaning too. "May I please be excused?" She said confidently. The council executor shrugged and waved her off.

She walked out happier then she had in a while.

She called Eli. He picked up after a few rings.

"Lily? Is that you - "

"Eli, I was wondering," she looked around, smiling softly at the pedestrians, "if we could maybe go out to eat sometime."

The other end was quiet before a soft chuckle resonated through the phone. "Why not?" He said breezily. Her stomach fluttered. 

She said bye and hung up, skipping over to her favorite restaurant on the block and ordering the juiciest burger they could cook up.

AAAHHH I THINK THIS IS THE (ALMOST) END! JUST ONE MORE CHAPTER, STAY TUNED ;)