Chapter 8: Myrtle

Start from the beginning

I sat on the bed and suddenly felt my eyes stung. Oh right, I haven't taken off my contacts yet it must be dry already. I wasn't able to bring an eye drop so I don't have anything to maintain this with. I carefully took off my contact lens and felt so good afterward. I didn't realize I was still wearing these the whole time. I walked towards the vanity table and stared at my forest green eyes in the mirror. I don't see this much often, but I guess I'll be doing so now. It probably won't be a problem right? Fae people usually have unusual eye colors so this will fit in well.

I lied on the bed and covered myself under the thick blanket. Myrtle also joined, lying down beside me. I kind of remember when she was still an egg she also does this. At first, it was really hard to sleep thinking I'd accidentally lie on the egg, but then I got used to it. Never have I thought back then that a creature like this lay in slumber inside that egg.

I closed my eyes. 'Goodnight Dew,' I heard Myrtle's sleepy voice say in mind which made me smile. 'Goodnight Myrtle,' I replied then she hugged my arm.

I guess this ain't too bad.

||~*(@)*~||

The knock on the door and the sunlight hitting my face woke me up. It's already morning huh... I sat down the bed and stretched my arms.

The head maid entered my room. "Milady? Breakfast is already served. I advise that we go down now so you can eat."

"Oh okay, I'll get ready in a while," I said as I weakly walk towards the bathroom to take a shower and get changed. I smiled as I saw my pajamas placed back on the couch.

Myrtle followed me so I thought I should bath her as well. I noticed that the bathtub is already filled with water so I decided to go with it. We only had a shower at our home so this is my chance to spoil myself in a bathtub mwahaha. Myrtle was just floating in the air so I called her.

"Come in here Myrtle, I shouldn't be the only one taking a bath," I raised my brows and crossed my arms.

'But..' she seemed reluctant. Is she scared of the water? She looks like a puppy forced to take a bath. I chuckled.

"Come on. There's nothing to be scared of, plus this will clean your body." I urged her. She still doesn't look convinced so I just pulled her in the water.

'Kyaaah!' she screamed as she fell in the water.

I chuckled as I looked at her face which is covered by her wet hair. Myrtle pulled her hair sideways and revealed a pouting face.

I laughed at the cuteness. "What? It's not that bad. Try swimming around and you'll enjoy it." I told her.

'Myrtle doesn't want to take a bath,' she said, still pouting. Oh no, I think it put her in a bad mood.

I tried making some bubbles from the soap and her eyes sparkled in interest. She started doing the same, but it was just impossible for her small mouth and hands so she's pouting again. I taught her how to swim and surprisingly she was able to do it as I instructed. I felt like a proud mama seeing her baby walk.

"Wow Myrtle, you learn so fast!" I praised her.

'Teeheh' Myrtle just said as she swam all around the bathtub. I chuckled, she's enjoying herself now. Looks like I won't have to force her to join me in the bath next time.

"Milady are you done now?" I heard the head maid said and I remembered I still need to go for breakfast.

Ughh I still do take a long time in the bath! Back in my world, I can stay inside the bathroom for an hour doing absolutely nothing. I guess old habits die hard especially now that I have somebody to take a bath with me.

"Let's go, Myrtle," I told her as I got off from the tub.

'Ehh.. don't want to,' she complained. Oh no, looks like I made her enjoy it too much. She mentioned she doesn't want to be left behind so maybe reverse psychology would work.

"Then stay there. I'll go ahead first." I told her and she immediately followed. 'Noo.. don't leave me,' she cried.

"I won't, I won't. I was just going to get changed," I explained as I dried her with a towel.

After taking care of Myrtle, I changed into a light blue dress. It looks like I really need to get used to wearing dresses all the time since there's nothing else in that big closet. Oh, how I missed wearing shorts and oversized t-shirts.

We finally arrived at the dining hall, but there's nothing else here other than the bunch of foods prepared on the table. I guess I'm here early?

The butler pulled me a seat so I just sat in there while waiting for the Queen and the others to arrive. "Why are you not touching your food milady? Is it not to your liking? I'll ask the chef to prepare you a different dish," the butler said.

"Oh, no. There's no need. I'm just waiting for the queen?.." I hinted.

"The queen has important matters to attend to so we just delivered breakfast to her. The prince and the princesses have also finished eating their separate meals," the butler explained.

"Ah, I see..." that's weird since mom and I always try to eat our meals together as much as possible. "Is it like this every day?" I asked in curiosity and the butler nodded. I guess you can't blame them since they do seem busy.

I began eating my food in silence and also fed Myrtle some pomple berry which she likes very much. I felt a bit sad for them, but this might not be too bad since their presence does make me uncomfortable. Besides, I don't feel all alone since I have Myrtle with me.

I was about to go back to my bedroom after eating, but the butler stopped me. "Milady, please follow me. The queen requests for your audience."

Oh right, how could I forget about that? 

A/N: Here's my UD. This is dedicated to queroe, thank you for reading my story! You're the only one I knew who read this story when it still have very few reads and is reading it up to now.. Honestly xD (I'm on chap 24 around this time btw). Thank you so much for your support<3

Hope you like my update and also to everyone who's been reading my story... Thank you so much! ^^