Chapter 12: Rehab

Start from the beginning

He walked over to me, studying me, "How do you feel?"

I shrugged, "Physically or mentally?"

"Both."

"Like I've been beaten to a pulp by the one person I loved most in this world." I cracked a sad smile, "You know, the usual."

Kyoya reached up a hand and softly cupped my cheek to stroke my face, "I'm sorry."

I'd tell him to not touch me or to slow his roll, but honestly a loving touch is all I want right now, even if it's him.

I blinked, "What?"

"For everything. For calling you worthless, for doubting how special you were, for not loving you back in time, for not loving you enough, and for not being faithful." He sighed, "The list could go on."

"K-Ootori, that was highschool. It... It doesn't matter anymore." I shook my head, "But I do forgive you. I'm sorry too for all the times I hit you."

He chuckled, "I forgive you as well." Then Kyoya sighed, "We've come a long way."

"Yeah, we have. I used to absolutely love my brother and my parents. They were my whole world. Along with you at the time." I chuckled, "I was a clueless little thing."

"You and success are my whole world. I just cared about the wrong thing too much back then." He stated.

Did he just say "are" and not "were"?

"Wait a minute-" My legs gave out as Kyoya grabbed my waist to hold me up, then carried me back to the bed.

"It was like 4 feet away. You didn't have to-" I began.

"And you didn'thave to get out of bed either." He smirked, laying me down as I closed my mouth.

"Hey, Ootori?" I asked quietly.

"Yes?" He asked.

"What you just said before, did you say are instead of-" My mouth stopped to drop.

There, entering my room, was a man with a neck brace, several bruises, and a patch for a broken nose on his face.

"Odi-Bear... God, you look so-"

"Rubro, get out." I looked towards the window, to avoid facing him.

"Odi-"

"You heard her." Kyoya spoke up.

Rubro huffed, "This is family buisness, Ootori, how about you leave us?"

I scoffed, "Family? That's rich."

"Excuse me?" Rubro snapped, making me flinch.

I gathered my courage to face him with my tounge of venom, "Look around, Rubro. I'm here because of you, for the second time. The only time you ever visited me in the hospital was when it was your fault. Have you noticed that? That's not how family is! That's how mother and father were!" I yelled. I could feel tears welling up as I immediately felt regret in what came out of my mouth.

"Odia, you'll spike your blood pressure." Kyoya's words landed on deaf ears.

I'm not sure if what I said hurt or if it was the fact is was partially true.

Either way, Rubro felt it. He walked to my bed, reaching for my hand, but I flinched at the sighy of the hand that had literally broke me.

"Please. Go." My voice shook, begging him to leave was being done with my eyes as Kyoya put his arm around me in a protective matter, making me feel safe for once.

"Odia, please-"

"Rubro!" Ginata yelled, running into my room, "There you are-" She stopped, realizing she was in my room, "You can't be here." She spoke to Rubro, looking away from me.

"Ashamed to look?" I questioned, "Yeah, my mother was that way too, and my father would always be the yeller. Looks like you guys are a true match, huh?"

"Don't you dare-" Rubro began.

"Tell me it's a lie! I dare you!" I shouted, "You both are no better than my parents!"

"Odia, calm down. Your blood pressure." Kyoya spoke.

"Ginata did nothing to you-" Rubro's voice was nearly booming.

"She did nothing to stop you. Mother did nothing to stop father from selling us. She can't look at me right now from shame. Mother didn't even want to hear my voice, so I hope the sound of my voice is giving you both as much pain as my dear "brother" dished out for me!" I cried, "So get out! Now! I woke up two days ago. What in that made of yours made you think seeing your face wouldn't make me sick?"

"I want forgiveness. The Spiders are family-based, and what I did-"

Then, I got it. I understood why Rubro showed up so soon after me waking up.

"Is going to make you look bad." I shook my head, scoffing, "You killed me, Rubro. You murdered your sister for two minutes. I'm not forgiving an apology for politics."

Rubro sighed, "Very well." He began to stand up.

"Odia, I'm so sorry-"

"Save it, Ginata, didn't you just hear me?" I snapped.

"No, it's not because of that." She sighed, tears dripping from her eyes, "I'm taking Rubro to rehab. He won't be back for three to six months."

"Ginata, please, I'm fine-"

"People need to know about this, Rubro!" She yelled.

"You're... you're doing fucking drugs again, aren't you?!" I yelled, and my machine started beeping, "Coke again, huh? How long?"

"Odia, you're blood pressure." Kyoya warned.

"You have to understand-"

"He did it 6 years ago, and for one year now." Ginata cried.

"Get out of my..." I blinked, my vision getting distorted, "My..."

I heard footsteps fast approaching. My doctor ran in, rushing to my side, "Her stress is affecting her health again, everyone out, now!" He yelled.

"What's happening?" Ginata cried.

"Her source of stress and attacker visited her." The doctor spat, "Now, out! All of you!"

My voice was slurred as I was woozy, "Doctor, calm down-can I sleep now?" I grabbed Kyoya as he was walking away, "You stay." and that's the last thing I remember before passing out.