Chapter 6: Unfair

BLAME STANDERIZED TESTING AND LATIN PROJECTS FOR THE LATENESS.

And my laziness.

Hope you like it!

Be cool.

Love y'all❤

● ● ● ● ● ● ●

Odia's POV:

"What?" I blinked.

"Will you be my-"

"It was rhetorical, sugar, it was rhetorical." I cut her off in my moderately southern English, and cleared my throat as I went back to speaking Japanese, "I'm just... why?"

"Because you mean a lot to me, and I want to make up for how sucky I've been, and how sucky they've been." She looked down then into my eyes.

"This is so unfair, Haruhi." I sighed, "Fine, but you make up for yourself, they're big boys." I glared up at the men that wouldn't look at me, save for Mori and Honey.

I was crushed into a hug by Haruhi, "Great! I sorta stole your number from your brother so I'll text you the address to come to tomorrow! Alrighty, now let's go and talk, except Kaoru, okay bye!" She glared at the red head as she dragged everyone out.

Kaoru tried to go with them but got pushed into me, "Shit." I cursed as I fell with a man on top of me, "Get off." I seethed as I pushed him to the side.

We both stood up and fixed our clothes, "What do you want?" I snapped.

"Sorry." He muttered.

"What?" I looked at him.

"Sorry." He said a little louder.

"One more time?" I smirked.

"I apologize!" He yelled and I rolled my eyes.

"Why was it mostly me you yelled at all the time?" I sighed. He quirked an eyebrow at me, "All the time, after I got out of the hospital, you always got so worked up over anything I did. So yelly."

"I was a stupid boy in love. What did you expect?" He rolled his eyes.

"You always yell at girl you love?" I snapped in disbelief, "Whatever doll you landed must be pretty patient." I mused.

"I'm not dating. Not all of us can marry with another gang." He spat.

I let out a chuckle, "You think I got married to Kenji? Yeah, right." I shook my head, "I already rarely go on dates. Married? My brother wishes."

"So he doesn't push you anymore?" Kaoru looked up at me with hopeful eyes.

I nodded, "Gina won't let him. My mental break scared her a lot."

"Scared everyone. First time I ever saw Kyoya tear up." I scoffed at his words.

When did this turn into Hallmark highschool reminisce?

"Man, was I in love back then. What a crock of shit." I sighed.

"It was just as shitty for me." Kaoru laughed, "I was so angry seeing him just use you in Boston and trying to compete with him and Mori-"

"What? Mori?" I widened my eyes, "Was he-"

"Ara~, I must introduce you to this fine, young, successful- oh" I looked to see my cousin in law, Tsuka, "Am I... interrupting?" She smirked.

"No. This is Kaoru Hitachiin." I laughed, "Where on earth is your husband? I was supposed to greet him." I pouted.

"Somewhere with your brother, who told me to send any lovely boys your way. But first, I'm stealing Mr. Hitachiin." She smirked as Kaoru nodded, too confused to fight it, and walked away, "On that note, meet Akito Ootori." I watch with wide eyes as she pulls in Kyoya's older brother.

No.

Why?

Why me?

Why is she so stupid?!

"Tsuka, you dumbass!" I groaned, her not being able to hear me while she scurried off.

"Ms. Soliz." Akito noticed my existence, "Long time, no see."

"Akito, I thought after I stopped dating Kyoya, you'd hate me a tad less." I chuckled, "No? Ouch." I mused.

He looked at me, "I never hated you. I just never liked you."

"Oh gee, how sweet." I snapped, "Dare I ask why?" I inquired as I leaned on the balcony.

"Trouble. So full of trouble you were." Akito mumbled.

"Thanks Akito, I mean Yoda." I giggled.

"Why is it you don't refer to me as Ootori when you refer to my brother as such?" It was his turn to ask a question the other wasn't sure of the answer.

"He'll never be Kyoya to me again." I sighed, looking at the city lights.

So beautiful, so freeing. I envied the flickers of electricity as they were admired so carefully.

"It was a teenage fling." Akito scoffed.

I nodded and turned to him, "That's true, but it's not true all the same. Whatever companion I had then, I should've already been married to by now. I've in a way shamed my brother for not following the silly tradition of my old family. The Soliz side were Gypsys. Although him and I were not, be did get influenced by them." I rolled my eyes, "And because of mine and Kyoya's stupidity, I've shamed my brother in his eyes."

"It shocks me how much you care." The stoic older man mused.

"I may act carelessly, but these acts always have a purpose. I carelessly strive to better this 'kingdom' of mine. But getting married... That's the one thing I refuse to carelessly abide with." I gripped the rail behind me, "I should get back."

"I'm glad you carry out your responsibilities now instead of hopeless frolicking with my brother." He added as I began to walk back inside.

"I always have." I snapped, "I just like to multitask. Right now, I'm about to greet people, and try to forget this conversation happened. Let alone this encounter. It's a talent." I smirked his way before I headed back inside.

Oh the Ootori family. Everytime any man in that family opens their mouth, it always turns out to be a crock of shit.