Then he went into his life.

He didn't go into depth, he seemed either to modest to boast or too awkward to explain.

But he vaguely told about how he used to be this skinny weak boy, whose been kicked out of way to many schools, and who grew up with a jerk step dad.

How his way of finding out he was a demigod was first having his mom "die" in front of his eyes.

How he's been in two wars. And his he's lost lots of people saving, basically, the world.

I've saved the world twice as well, but a teenager saving the world? Thats just too much.

Then how a goddess named Hera basically erased his memories and left him scared and alone to figure out to get to some unheard off Roman Camp.

So they're Romans as well. Why not?

He told of the Argo || and the crazy bloodthirsty satyr that went along with them.

Percy takes a deep breath and finishes his long story.

"So..so in the end we took down Gaea. But, she took down more than half of us first."

His eyes get watery and he looks down. But he keeps on talking, whispering. "So many people died that day. They never got to live on in the world they saved. So many dead. So many. Some even unrecognizable. Some never found."

He chokes out a sob and I don't know whether to listen or try to comfort him.

"But I was one of the few that made it. My girlfriend, the others I was on the quest with, the Romans, satyrs, Greeks..."

Percy hugs himself. And even though we were in the room with him, he couldn't have looked more alone.

"They died. Annabeth died. We survived Tartarus and Gaea just finished her off like she was nothing. She didn't even have time to do everything she wanted to do. None of them did."

Percy looks, unfocused, on the ground and barely smiles.

"I was going to propose to her. One day. We both knew it. She was going to design the wedding. Design everything perfectly. That's what she would have wanted."

Tears start running down his face and I feel frozen. This cruel world, broke this boy.

Percy continues, with sobs in between sentences. "Leo was going to open a repair shop with Calypso, I think. Leo would have liked that, and Calypso would love anything as long as she was with him. Jason and Piper would be happy together, wherever they are. Hazel and Frank would like to settle down in one place and grow old together. And Nico.....Grover and Juniper. And then mom and Paul.."

He cover his face with his hands and starts sobbing. That kind if sobbing people normally try to keep inside, but Percy is falling apart.

Simply falling apart.

Steve is the first to reach out. He sits next to Percy and rubs his back.

No words are spoken, but words don't seem necessary.

Then Natasha sits into the other side of Percy and hugs him with one arm.

Percy keeps his hand over his face, as if he's ashamed if himself.

I stand there and want to laugh at the ridiculousness if it all. Why would all of this happen to anyone, especially a young man?

I walk up to Percy and kneel so we're both at face level.

By this time Percy has somewhat calmed down...kind of.

I gingerly remove Percy hands from his face.

His head is hung down, his bangs covering half his face.

Percys eyes are shut tightly, as if wanting to forget everything.

And the expression on his face nearly broke me.

He was so sad. That was it. No anger, no blame. Just plain out sad, and...guilt.

I only know him boy so a few days, but I feel as if I've been with him forever.

A sudden protectiveness comes over me, almost fatherly, over this orphaned boy.

Holding his cold hands in mine, I say softly.

"Percy. It's.. okay."

He looks up. Searching my eyes for answers. Looking for the solution in his crazy life.

But I'm not sure if I have the answer. I'm not sure if I can he'll this boy.

But I sure as heck am going to try.

Just then I hear Bruce's voice behind me. "What did we miss?"

~*~

Here is an update for y'all! I started this is Tonys POV, but near the middle and the end I wish I did it in Percys POV.

The feels would have been insanely strong in Percys POV.

>:)

Alas, this chapter is already done and I am SO not going to delete it and start over.

Hope you all liked it!

Comment

Vote

Follow me

Be cool

Comment one word that describes you

Comment one word that describes your life

Comment one word that you wished described your life

Comment one of your major fandoms

Comment your favorite author

Comment your favorite YouTuber

Comment...whatever

Adios!

~Clove