Chapter 24: Family Only

Rowan pov

When we got to the hospital, I raced to the emergency room.

"Hi um where is Peyton Meyer's room?" I ask the lady at the desk.

"I'm sorry but he is in surgery right now but you can wait in the waiting room." She responds

I let tears fall as I repeat the words in my mind. Surgery?! Why surgery?! No he can't die. Peyton has to live!!

"Sweetie he is going to be alright. It's okay." She says calming me down.

I opened my mouth to say something but I was interrupted by Sab and Bradley running straight towards me. Oops I forgot about them. Once Sabrina reaches me she is out of breath. Bradley pats her back.

"Rowan---- why did you --- take off --- like that!??" Sabrina stutters trying to catch her breath.

"B! Breath. Next thing you know your gonna faint!" Bradley saids

"I just... I don't know! It's just ---- P-P-P-Peyton he-he-he's in -----" I sputter trying to hold back the tears. Sabrina wraps her arms around me for comfort.

"Let it out honey. Let it out." She cooed. We stayed into this position for a long time while I cried into her shoulder.

I pulled away wiping my tears with my arm.

" he's in surgery." I finally spoke. I looked at Bradley and his face flipped. Sabrina too.

After speaking with the nurse, we went to the waiting room.

All I could think of is if Peyton is alive or what's gonna happen to him. When we talked to the nurse she said that Peyton broke many bones including his neck and his right arm and leg. He also hit his head giving him a severe concussion. That feared me the most. What if he falls into a coma? What if he goes into a coma and never wakes up? What am I going to do? HE SAVED ME! HE SAVED MY FREAKIN LIFE AND GETS HIT BY A CAR AND NOW HE MIGHT DIE!!! I lay my head onto Sabrina's shoulder and I fall asleep.

Sabrina pov

I feel really bad for her. She's miserable. I can't take it. They were the most cutest loving couple ever. I couldn't see Rowan like this. I JUST CANT! I look at Rowan sleeping on my shoulder. I carefully lift her heard up and try to balance her head to lean against the wall. Once she was balanced, I got up and sat next Bradley. He looked so worried. He was looking down starring at the ground. I kissed him on the cheek. He looked up at me and smiled.

" hi B." He says softly

"I'm gonna go to the vending machine. Do you want anything?" I ask

"Sure. Surprise me." He responds giving me a slight smirk.

I got up and headed to the vending machine.

I bought brads Oreos, Rowan chocolate, and me a bag of chips.

I headed back to the waiting room to a bunch of police officers.

Rowan pov

I woke up to someone shaking me. I opened my eyes seeing Bradley and in the back of him two police officers.

I immediately got tense.

"Rowan Blanchard?" One of them called out as the other grabbed two chairs and set them in front of me.

"Yes?" I said

"We are both sorry for what happened. But we have some serious questions that you have to answer for us" the other officer said.

"Okay."

"What happened before the accident?" I saw over the officers shoulder, Sabrina, holding food from the vending machine as she trudges her way to Bradley.

I gulped before saying anything. "I surprised Peyton by taking him to the Secret Garden and when I asked him to open his eyes he looked worried. So I asked 'you don't like it do you?' And he said 'I don't like it...' So I stormed out of the place and I was in the right lane of the road and I took out my phone to call a uber driver and then I called one and then for some reason I saw a car but I realized that it's heading straight at me. I didn't know what to do cause I was shocked. Then I saw Peyton sprinting towards me screaming my name and seconds before he--- tackles me and--- saves my life--- and I look up at the driver and ----"

"Rowan who is the driver?" The officer asked firmly.

"It's---" I choke before the Doctor comes in. I immediately stood up like everyone else ,Peyton's family and Bradley and Sab,walked over to the doctor.

"Peyton Meyer's family." The doctor orders.

"How is he?" I spoke. The doctor looked at me with worry in his eyes.

"He's in a coma."

My heart stopped. Water flooding from my eyes. I went to my knees and sobbed. Sabrina rubbed circles on my back while comforting me. Bradley gave me tissues. After a while the doctor was still here talking to his parents and I stopped crying. I trudged my way to the doctor. I tapped on his shoulder as her turned to my direction.

"Um can I see him?" I ask

"Are you the girlfriend?"

"Yes."

"I'm so sorry but family only."

HIUHHUGFYFYTFYTFTYDRWAWETFYTVIH

"When can I see him?" I say in a annoyed tone.

"Once he improves and the medicine kicks in."

"Ok thank you" I went back to my regular spot sitting next to Sabrina. The police were now talking to his parents.

After a bit, the officers came back to me ready to ask me more questions.

"Rowan who hit him?"

I was so angry with the person after what happened  in the past.

I took a deep breath.

"Jake Short"

Bradley stands up in shock and runs out the building. Looking as pissed as ever. Sabrina followed trying to calm him.

"DOCTOR WE NEED YOU NOW!" A nurse shouts as the doctor sped out the room into Peyton's room.

////
Hey guys sorry for not updating. SCHOOL SUCKS! HOMEWORK SUCKS! CLIFFHANGERS SUCK! 😏😂😡 SORRY!!!!!
~L😋