Secret

"Well?" you asked impatiently, staring at the two brunettes in front of you.

"We've come to the conclusion-" Kalista began steadily, but Hanji finished the sentence for her.

"That shorty likes you!" The bespectacled being exclaimed.

You scowled at them, doubt clearly plastered all over your face.

"No," You gasped dramatically.

Kalista sighed. "What I was going to say is that he likes you, but shows it in a weird way since Petra died. He's probably too scared to love someone again."

You furrowed your eyebrows. "So he makes me clean and yells at me," you frowned at them. "because he's madly in love with me."

"Precisely!" Hanji squealed. "I think that it's cute!"

Kalista shrugged. "I guess, (y/n), that you are lucky...since the Corporal is kinda smoking hot."

Your face became very warm, and you knew that you were blushing something fierce.

Hanji clapped. "This is perfect!"

Although you were still red as Titan blood, you glared at Kalista and Hanji. "It is not perfect!"

Kalista glanced at Hanji before saying, "Whatever. Anyway, it's getting late. You better bust your ass to his office."

Grumbling under your breath, you started your daily routine of going down to Levi's room, knowing that your big-mouthed friend was right.

"See you tomorrow!" You yelled, not wanting them to think that you were angry at them. After all, you had asked them what they thought of this whole mess.

***

You took a deep breath before knocking on the door. "Corp-...Levi?"

A very low "Enter." was his response.

Timidly, you opened the door and entered the room. Your heart was fluttering. Maybe you did like him.

His steel eyes met your (e/c) ones. "Sit." he ordered.

You obeyed instantly.

After an awkward silence, you decided to speak.

"So...what should I do? Sweep?"

Levi snorted. "As if. You will help me sort my desk."

As your eyes skimmed his desk, you realized that it only had a few papers.

Of course. You groaned internally.

"I will get us some tea." Levi stated firmly, rising from his chair and exiting the room.

"That should be my job. What the hell?" You muttered, taking one of Levi's papers and examining it.

"Why me?"

***

Turns out stacking the papers into their categories wasn't so hard.

You stretched, arching your back and raising your hands above your head.

"Hmm?" you hummed when you saw a tiny scrap of paper left.

How'd I miss that? Levi would have my skin! Good thing he isn't back yet.

You snatched it up to decided where to place it. It could either be added to the the stack for 'The Female Titan', 'Casualties', or 'New Recruits'.

However, it was none of those. It only had three lines-directions, and an assortment of numbers.

Being the curious cadet you were, you followed the directions.

Behind the desk. Wow. Pretty simple, you thought, smiling to yourself.

There's a hidden storage above the leg space. It took you a while, but you eventually found it.

9-5-2-7-0.

You took a breath and punched in the numbers. Gears and wires clicked, and a square of the wood flipped upward. Hanji must have designed this, I thought, because it was so compex.

A journal was located inside.

Wonder what it is! Just as you were about to grab it, you got cold feet. What if Levi finds out?

The logical side of you was saying 'Don't be an idiot, (y/n)!'

The brash side of you was screaming 'Do it! Do it!'

Then again, screaming overpowers a mere whisper.

You smirked as you flipped through the pages...although it quickly turned into a frown.

Me. This is of ME.

Your schedule. Your height, your eye and hair color...everything.

After turning the page about your rank and training, your color drained, leaving you pale.

12:05 ; (y/n) heads to lunch.
12:07 ; (y/n) chooses soup.
12:10 ; (y/n) sits by cadets Vince, Kalista and Ritz.
12:11 ; (y/n) blows on (her/his/their) soup.
12:11 ; (y/n) takes (her/his/their) first bite. It's too hot.
12:12 ; (y/n) complains about (her/his/their) tongue.

It was a journal of you. Why was Levi doing this? How could he be that-?

You jumped at the sound of tea cups breaking. You turned and saw him.

Levi dropped the tray when your eyes fell upon him. A single tear was sliding down his face.

"This wasn't supposed to happen. I was keeping it hidden."

You searched for the words to explain yourself, but your throat became so dry it hurt.

The soldier began to laugh. Your eyes widened and you let out a squeak.

When he looked up, you could only see one eye. The other was covered by hair. But the one you could see had a glint of red.

"Oh well. It can be our little secret."