Admiration

A/N: please follow. I will not continue any of my stories if I stay at two followers forever! [This will have OCs, cause why not?] Enjoy, reader-chan.

"Shut up," you snapped at your friends, hoping to end the constant chattering.

"Who pissed in your cornflakes?" Kalista, the cadet beside you, retorted. The others around you nodded, much to your annoyance.

"It's dinner, you idiot." You said, exhaling deeply. "Cornflakes was what we had earlier."

"It's because of training, I bet." Your friend Vince came to your rescue.

You were (f/n) (l/n) of the 105th Training Corps. Mmhm. 105th. Not the 104th, the legendary group before you.

Yep. You had missed all the excitement with the Titan Boy, Eren Jaeger.

It was an okay excuse, but that wasn't why...

"Really? Is training too hard for you all?"

You jumped and hit your knee under the table.

"No, sir." Kalista saved you all from a quick death by standing up from the table and hastily saluting.

Erwin nodded. "Alright. Cadet Marie, if there is a problem, don't be afraid to report it to me."

Without another word, the commander walked past your table.

"Oh, he did not just use my middle name." Kalista growled.

"I think you missed the hint that he practically told you to come to his office sometime." Ritz, a blonde and quiet guy, whispered while winking.

"Like I would go to Commander Eyebrow's office."

"Ah...that's right, you like Hanji better."

It was gentle teasing, but Kalista smacked Ritz's arm anyway and exclaimed, "N-not like that!"

"At least she doesn't like Levi, right (f/n)?" Vince asked, turning his cocoa eyes onto you.

"Why would that matter?" You replied calmly, desperately trying to stop the blush that was rising to your face.

"Because he already has his sights set on you." Vince jerked his head in the superior's direction.

He kept talking as you stole a glance the Corporal's way. The man met your gaze immediately, and you squeaked as you whipped around.

"Wouldn't want to get in the way of a blooming relationship."

You narrowed your (e/c) eyes. "I don't like that short stack, Vince," you hissed through gritted teeth.

"Ah, I wouldn't like him in that way either."

You nearly hit your knee again, you sprung up so fast.

"M-major Hanji!"

The said woman winked. "You don't have to be so formal, cadets."

Slowly, your salute disappeared, and your hands were once again at your sides.

"What is it, Hanji?" It felt weird calling her by her first name, and her first name alone.

"Humanity's Shortest asked Erwin if he could have an assistant because of all the paperwork with the Female Titan." Hanji explained. "So he picked you, (f/n)."

You were shocked.

"M-me?!"

Hanji waved off your astonishment. "Don't think anything of it. You aren't in trouble, and we're all getting helpers. Mine is Miss Kalista!"

Skipping, Hanji grabbed Kalista's wrist and started dragging her out of the Mess Hall.

"W-wait! Why did he choose me?!" you called after them.

"Maybe he admires your penmanship!" Was what Hanji's fading voice yelled at you.

As you turned to the others, Vince shrugged. "I dunno, (f/n)."

Ritz smiled deviously. "Kalista's writing sucks, so obviously, the superior's are choosing cadets they have special feelings toward."

You hesitated, not sure whether to scold Ritz for accusing Hanji and Kalista of having a relationship, or you and Corporal Levi.

Finally deciding on you and the Corporal, you opened your mouth. However, you were cut off before you could utter a word.

"Cadet (l/n), to my office."

Speak of the devil!

You trailed behind the ebony-haired man, only glancing back to see Vince blinking a few times, and Ritz flashing you a thumbs up.

Struggling to keep up with the Corporal, you silently wished that it was your penmanship that caught his attention.

What else could it be?