Chapter 40: Love and Lies...

Hey!! My awesome peoples that I seem to love so much!!! Remeber before I had a competiton where I said for the first to comment and vote will be mentioned in my story? The winner of that is @elamartinez25
This chapter is dedicated to @psalem. Your comment really inspired me to write this chapter...
Well this chapter is written in Christy's POV only and it is going to reveal something about Christy's personality or should I say heritage?? I am not entirely sure...
But here goes nothing...

Christy's POV

After a really awkward evening with the boys, I finally called it day and went to bed after showing them out.

I woke up early knowing that it was another exhausting day at the office but today just seemed different...like something were to happen...

I ignored the feeling for the rest of my morning and did my routine of brushing my teeth, showering, deciding which outfit I should wear before settling for a black pencil skirt and blazer with a white button up top and paired it with black high heels.

I got into the car after eating a small breakfast and receiving a warm smile from Sam before he drove me to work.
As I entered the building I got a series of 'Good morning Miss King' or just simple 'Good morning'. I got into the elevator and went up to my floor preparing myself for the day ahead.

45 minutes later...

"Miss King...there is something I need to show you..." Melanie came into my office wearing a strange expression. I put down the paperwork I was reading and gave her my attention.

"Yes Melanie what is so important that you have to show me." I asked. As much as I hate being mean to her, I really don't like being interrupted especially if it is something as important as this deal.

"Take a look at this magazine." She said. I didn't even realise she was carrying it.

"Melanie I have a lot of work to do than to read about celebrity gossips." I told her blankly but as always Melanie is persistent.

"I am pretty sure this one might interest you very much." I sighed and took the magazine looking at the cover...

"I am really sorry Christy..."She said with a compassionate look.

Rigth there...on the cover...was a picture of William and a dark haired woman making out with the headline reading: William's dark haired mystery woman revealed. I felt a pang of jealousy and hurt before I shook my head, squared my shoulders and lifted my chin, wearing a blank expression.

"No need to be sorry Melanie, in fact I don't give a damn." I gave her an emotionless, cold smile.

"Christy..."

I held up my hand for her to stop."Don't Melanie. In fact I think you should get back to work."

I know what you thinking and yes Melanie does know about mine and William's relationship...She is quite observant and apparently she can see the love in William's eyes when he looks at me...but right now that seems far-fetched.

15 minutes later...

I decided to pay a visit to Alexander Inc.
I called Sam and he drove me there parking outside the entrance of the big glass building.

I walked up the steps and was escorted to the receptionist's desk.

"M-miss King, We were not expecting you" The pretty blonde haired girl said surprised.

"I need to see Mr Alexander."

"S-sure you just w-walk to the elevators there and to the top floor, someone w-will.be there waiting for y-you." She stuttered. I am really that intimidating...No it's probably just nothing