Chapter 35: Her Fear...

Sorry I never I update for so long, I was like.really busy but I heard your'll wanted an update... So here is an extra long one. Hope you enjoy it!!:) *crosses fingers*

Christy's POV

I have been gone for 2 weeks, trying so hard to sort out my feelings but it seemed as if was at work because everything at the company was runnung smoothly thanks to Melanie.

I heard that William was discharged from hospital, so right now I am in the elevator, going up to his floor.

I reached William's floor and walked down the hallway until I reached William's door. I pressed the doorbell and waited. I could hear shuffling from the otherside before the door opened, revealing a woman probably in her late forties, who maybe William's housekeeper.

"Hi you must be Miss Christy King, I am Mrs Harrison, William's housekeeper." She greeted with a smile.

"Yes I am. Is William home?" I asked her and she nodded.

"Yes dear he is, you can go inside but I must take my leave now. So goodbye." She said after she let me in and walked out the door, closing it behind her.

I walked inside the house, looking at my surroundings. This is the first I have been in his apartment. I heard a sound and followed it leading me into the living room where I saw William relaxing on the couch with his legs resting on the coffee table, his back to me.

"Who's at the door Mrs Harrison?" He asked and turned back, surprise evident on his face when he realised it was me...

William's POV

I was discharged from hospital yesterday and I have been stuck at home, due to my mother's strict orders to not go to work and that my brothers will handle the company until I am fully recovered.

The doorbell rang and I was sure it must be either my brothers or my parents. Mrs Harrison my housekeeper went to answer the door, while I was watching tv. I could hear voices and then the front door closing. I could feel someone's presence behind me thinking it was Mrs Harrison...

"Who's at door Mrs Harrison?" I asked and turned back but the woman standing there was someone who I wasn't expecting but my heart yearned for her attention.

"Christy? What are you doing here?" I asked even though I didn't really care why she was here as long as I could see her, hold her and kiss her until she was breathless.

"I wanted to talk to you..." She trailed off and I knew that I was not going to enjoy what she was about to say after all she did vanish into thin air for 2 weeks but when I visited her company it was like she wasn't even missing!

"Uhh...okay, take a seat." I said a bit awkwardly. I never felt awkward and now I am feeling awkward infront of her. What is this woman doing to me?!

She never say anything else and took a seat on the far end of the couch. I got the impression that she doesn't want to be near me but I want to be near her.

"William I have thought about everything that has been going on and..." She stopped and I was on the edge of my seat to know what she was going to say next. "I am not ready for anything that has to do with you." She said so blankly and I felt...broken and confused.

"Why?" I mumbled but she heard me.

"I just feel like it is too soon and I feel so independant to have someone else in my life. I mean ever since University, I was on my own and I have been through things that I thought I would never go through... making me not want to have any romantic relationships with a guy." She said looking at me with an unreadable look in her eyes.