1. Two Caramel Macchiatos & Apple juice

You sigh, stretching.

'Another day, no Adam.'

You get out of bed and make yourself some breakfast. You're working a part time job, Starbucks to be exact. You don't begin work until... 9:00AM.

It's 7:23AM right now.. 'Whoa.. Why'd I wake up so early?'

You shook your head and continued on your pancakes, at least you could work on your homework.

You go to community college, you don't want to be stuck here in a small town. You want to actually live life and have adventures, feel the adrenaline, actually do something big in life.

You finish making your pancakes and you spread butter on top, eating while doing Math homework and having the T.V. playing in the background.

"--Three men and two women already missing. The police believe it may just be a wild wolf but can they be so certain?" The news reporter announced.

You looked up and stared at the screen.

Adam used to be so interested in things like this, talking on and on. He was the sweetest thing in the world. He was the only one who cared for you.

Your father, he wasn't always there. But when you were a child, he always warned you to stay away from your mother.
Of course, you never met her, but he had told you that she has bright yellow eyes, and she liked to disguise herself as anyone she wanted to be, but she was scared of wearing contacts.

He drilled into your head that she was cruel, and you & Adam go along with it.

He's gone, and Adam is too. They'll be back someday. Someday.

You continued your homework until your iphone vibrated on the table; 8:33AM.

You piled your papers together, 'I'll clean it up later'

You went upstairs and gathered your clothes and climbed into the shower.

The cold water hit your back and you stood there for a while, lost in thought.

Soon enough, you came out of the shower and got ready, putting on your Starbucks apron. Usually, they don't allow you to bring it home but you don't to mix up your apron with anyone.

Balthazar sometimes takes yours on accident, and well, his apron smelled quite like liquor, you didn't really enjoy that smell.

You go outside in the cold weather, smiling ever so slightly, but then letting it fade and walking towards your shop.

You hum your favorite songs along the way, hands in your apron pockets, head in air, strolling without a care.

You reach the shop and open the door, a satisfying bell ringing as it opened.

"Morning, (Y/N)." Balthazar greeted you, smiling cheekily.

"Morning, Balthy." You waved.

He shot up his eyebrow, "You seem happier than usual."

"Better appreciate it then, huh." You checked in and sat down.

He chuckled, "Yeah I better." He handed you a small box of donuts, "Take one."

"I already at-"

"Take. One."

You rolled your eyes and took a powdered donut.

Some of the powder got on your apron and you licked it off.

"Oh sheesh, Wow okay, could've used a napkin, Little Miss Lady-like." He stated, tossing a napkin at your lap.