What the hell?

*Amelia's POV*

We drive to school in Rocky's black Wrangler Jeep. When we get there and get out of the car people stare at me, ME! I run inside away from the people, only to meet more people. They stare at me like the others and it makes me feel queasy. I finally get to my locker, when head cheerleader and bitch, Everest walks up to me. "Hey Amelia" she greets me with a smile, that's obviously fake. Strange, she usually will call me loser or fat ass even though I'm really skinny.  

"Hi, Everest?," I greet back in a questioning tone. Is she planning something? Is she finally going to attempt to murder me?

"Don't be like that besty," she laughs. What the HELL?

"Everest, I ain't your damn besty," I state harshly, I don't care if she's being the slightest bit friendly right now, shes always been a bitch to me so I'm going to be a bitch to her. She walks up to me and suddenly pulls me up by the collar. There's the bitch I know and hate.

"Look bitch ever since that little stunt you pulled with saving Ross's ass your all people can talk about instead of me and I don't like it, stay out of the spotlight it doesn't belong to you, and neither does Ross," she lets me down and I fall, not able to balance myself in time. She kicks me in the face and stomach repeatedly until I feel blood pour down my face. Then walks away laughing. I shakily stand and reopen my locker looking at my face in my mirror. Damn, my nose is crooked and blood is pouring down from it, my forehead looks more like one huge gash, blood is everywhere, that's going to need stitches. Tear stains surround my eyes as I call my doctors office.

"Hello? Amelia?" asks Marcy. That's right the receptionist knows my name and number I call really often.

"Hey Marcy, can you schedule me in right away, I'm pretty sure I need stitches and my nose is broken," I say sighing.

"Of course dear, how about in two hours," she reacts very calmly.

"Ok thank you," I shut my phone and get out my gauze and medical tape. Shutting my locker I head to the bathroom. After cleaning the wound, I wrap my forehead in gauze and medical tape. My nose thankfully stops bleeding for now. I walk out of the bathroom only to meet Ross concern written on his face.

"Are you okay?" he asks walking up to me.

"No, why would you care," I question, he's never cared for me ever. Why is he starting to now?

"I told you I had a change of heart," he sighs. Yeah, okay, sure.

"Doubt it," I roll my eyes and continue walking.

"What happened?" he catches up to me and scans me.

"I was beaten," I avoid eye contact as we walk, something telling me it's my best course of action to do so.

"By who," his voice becomes dark it makes me shiver and freeze on the spot.

"Everest," I answer without thinking. "I'm going to my doctors in two hours," I continue worried he might flip shit or go after her.

"I'll take you in Rocky's car, he won't mind, see you," he waves and walks away before I could object. I turn around and walk into my first-period history class. Man, he's the last person I want to accompany me to my doctors.

****Two hours later****

I walk out of 2nd-period Geometry and wait for Ross at the school's entrance. Everest all of a sudden walks over to me when I wasn't looking and knees me in the stomach, she pulls me up by the hair. "That's for telling Ross what I did, he called me a bitch when I tried flirting with him like every day," she seethes. She rips off my gauze and bangs my head repeatedly on the floor making me cry out and the wound worse.

"Stop! Please!," I sob. She continues, she knees me in the stomach more, slaps me punches me, hurts me, more and more.

"Ross," I whisper crying. Why did I say his name? Like he would help me, even if he did have a change of heart it doesn't matter. He more than likely still hates me, hell, he probably only said he had a change of heart and is acting the way he is, is because of Henry and his siblings.

"Everest enough!," commands a deep voice I can recognize anywhere. Looking up and through the blood and tears I see Ross, but his eyes look red. What the fuck?

"R-ross, I-I was just," stutters Everest. Not expecting to be caught in the act of harming me.

"Clam it bitch, you shouldn't hurt innocent people like Melia," he growls. He picks me up bridal style and carries me out to the car.

*Rosses POV*

Remind me to put Everest on my list of humans to chew on, I growl to myself. I look at Amelia, her cut on her head got bigger, and she has multiple scratches on her cheek. She won't stop crying into my shoulder. It's strange my thirst isn't taking over considering her blood is all over my shoulder and I haven't fed. I just don't want to hurt her. I set her down in the passenger seat of the jeep and buckle her up, then I get in myself, buckle up and drive out of the school and to her hospital (read it in her thoughts where it is). "Thank you, for stopping Everest," she whispers quietly.

"Any day Melia, in fact, stay with me tomorrow, I'd rather Everest not hurt you," I smile softly as I drive. She merely nods and I continue driving to our destination.

✨✨a few minutes later✨✨

We are now waiting in a hospital room for her doctor, they cleaned her wounds and told us she'd need stitches, which she used to, and her nose would need to be reset which she's not used to. Just the fact that she's used to either of those things kinda pisses me off, she shouldn't be used to this at all, why didn't anyone stop Everest from hurting her before? Her doctor walks in and I make eye contact reading his thoughts, this is going to be painful for her. I want so badly to growl, to snap his neck, but I know better, he's the only one that can fix her nose right now, and sometimes medical procedures can be painful. "Alright then, Amelia, first I wanna reset your nose, this may be a little uncomfortable," I grip her hand. She looks at me confused, what is he doing? she thinks. The doctor barely touches her nose and she winces.

"Ready, 1...2....3," he starts pushing her nose, she starts screaming at the top of her lungs, I wince, hating the sound. When it's done she's crying again, he places something on her nose to keep it in place while it heals. Next, they suture her forehead and cover the slightly smaller scratches in some sort of ointment and Band-Aids. After they are done she falls asleep, again, she has gone through too much in one day. I pick her up and take her out to the jeep once I'm cleared to do so. I drive silently to the school looking over at her sleeping form every once in a while, she looks so innocent in her sleep. Once I'm at the school, I wait for everyone to get to the car.

"Woah what happened," asks Ellington. (Ellington is his real name, but he prefers Ratliff).

"A whore I'm going to drink later beat the shit out of her, I had to take her to the hospital," I explain.

"Dude, not in front of Melia," he covers her ears and I laugh.

"She sleeping stupid," I chuckle.

What I didn't know though is that she really wasn't and that was her first clue as to what I really am.

*******************************

Hey everyone sorry for the short chapter. I'm glad people like my book, I thought no one would read it actually.

In my next update, I will answer any questions you guys have about the book so far just ask, also I will be doing this every 5 parts.

Thanks for reading,

Stay cool B-)